[DELETED] [NES] Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters - "Unknown Theme 4" by Matteo Bianchi

Started by Zeta, September 19, 2022, 06:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Unknown Theme 4
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Matteo Bianchi

Latios212

Hey Jacopo, we noticed that you have too many submissions with your name on them. You have two accepted submissions that will be posted in the next update, plus four active submissions. The normal submission limit is two, and we will relax this to be four submissions in cases where you collaborate with another arranger. You are above that now.

I understand that you have students who work on their own sheets. However, it is not fair to other arrangers if you have your name on so many of them per update. Your students are free to continue submitting their sheets at a rate of two per arranger per update if your name is not on them and they make updates to the sheets themselves.

After you've had a chance to respond, I will archive this and one of your other most recent submissions (from Dragon Buster). You can submit them next time when you don't already have enough sheets in submissions. Let me know if you have any questions!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on September 19, 2022, 02:52:26 PMHey Jacopo, we noticed that you have too many submissions with your name on them. You have two accepted submissions that will be posted in the next update, plus four active submissions. The normal submission limit is two, and we will relax this to be four submissions in cases where you collaborate with another arranger. You are above that now.

I understand that you have students who work on their own sheets. However, it is not fair to other arrangers if you have your name on so many of them per update. Your students are free to continue submitting their sheets at a rate of two per arranger per update if your name is not on them and they make updates to the sheets themselves.

After you've had a chance to respond, I will archive this and one of your other most recent submissions (from Dragon Buster). You can submit them next time when you don't already have enough sheets in submissions. Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi Latios I did not understand what the problem is, can my students continue to insert scores but without entering my nickname in the "collaborators" field?

Latios212

Quote from: JacopoTore on September 21, 2022, 01:41:27 AMHi Latios I did not understand what the problem is, can my students continue to insert scores but without entering my nickname in the "collaborators" field?
Yes. The problem is that there are too many active submissions with your name on them. If your students submit sheets without you listed as a collaborator, they can continue to do so at a rate of two sheets per arranger.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on September 21, 2022, 07:53:46 AMYes. The problem is that there are too many active submissions with your name on them. If your students submit sheets without you listed as a collaborator, they can continue to do so at a rate of two sheets per arranger.
Ok I think there is no problem, in a few days I will ask everyone (as soon as I see them) to remove the collaboration

Kricketune54

Wow, this is definitely one of the more obscure games in a big media franchise like Godzilla.  I forgot it existed lol

General Items/Formatting
-Instead of just Sound Team make it Toho Sound Team.
-While I understand no one seems to know where this song plays in the game (based off the YouTube comments on linked vid), "Unknown Theme 4" would be proper spelling. Applies for this sub thread's title in addition to the sheet.
-Tempo marking should align with time signature as opposed to first note.
-8va symbol at beginning could go just a little more to the left
-Lower forte a little bit to center between staffs (last three changes depicted in image)
Spoiler
[close]
-I think the last four measures could go on the same line and it's not too cramped.
-8va/ottava could go a little bit higher above the notes throughout the piece

Notes
-Personally I think I prefer having 8 bars up front instead of a four measure repeat. Still plenty of space on the page.
-m9 and m11 the A's and B's don't need to have accidentals on them, since they are already natural in C# minor. Also not sure why the accidentals are also present later in the measure but they can be removed as well.

Bloop

-I don't think the 8va over the R.H. is really necessary: none of the notes go that high above the staff.
-m10 and 12: Both the L.H. and R.H. here should be an octave lower.
-Technically all notes in m1-8 are all played at half of their notelengths: maybe you could write "non legato" after the dynamic marking in m1, to make sure the player won't hold the quarter or half notes at their full value.
-I second Kricketune's comment that it's not really necessary to repeat the first four bars, but instead just write them out in a new system. Repeats are mostly used to save space and paper, and are rarely used in shorter pieces like this. Another reason to prefer having them written out, is so the player won't have to make any jumps back to previous parts.
-Make sure to remove Jacopo's name from the "Arranged by" box as well, so it will match the arranger name on-site.

Matteo Bianchi

I did it

Quote from: Bloop on September 30, 2022, 07:15:05 AM-Make sure to remove Jacopo's name from the "Arranged by" box as well, so it will match the arranger name on-site.

Jacopo has already removed the "collaboration" field from my profile, in fact there is no longer his name in the submission, as you can see

Bloop

Quote from: Matteo Bianchi on October 03, 2022, 08:00:54 AMJacopo has already removed the "collaboration" field from my profile, in fact there is no longer his name in the submission, as you can see
I mean that in the sheet (the .mus file) itself, there's a text box saying "Arrangement by Jacopo Tore and Matteo Bianchi". Since Jacopo's name isn't on the collaboration field anymore, this text bos should also say "Arrangement by Matteo Bianchi"

Aside from that it looks good, so I'll approve pending that!
You cannot view this attachment.

Libera

Just dropping in to ask, surely we can find something better than 'Composed by Sound Team'?

Kricketune already suggested this:

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 21, 2022, 12:38:13 PM-Instead of just Sound Team make it Toho Sound Team.

though maybe better can be done.  I'm not an expert on this game.

LeviR.star

There is very little info about this game's developer; the in-game title sequence only credits the Godzilla franchise owner Toho, as "Toho Company, Ltd." It seems that Angry Video Game Nerd is one of few reasons this game is acknowledged by the larger Internet population at all. I skipped to the end of the game's walkthrough, and found no credits sequence. Only a sad Godzilla:

He's also sad that no one remembers his game
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

So, if you'll hear my two cents, write out "Composed by Toho" or "Composed by Toho Sound Team" for the composer credit, and "Toho © 1992" or "Toho Company, Ltd. © 1992" for the copyright information. In my opinion, that should be good enough, given the resources at our disposal.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Archiving this one for this reason:
Quote from: Latios212 on January 15, 2023, 02:27:21 PMBut if the submissions continue to stay in this state where "Jacopo Tore" is listed on the sheet but uncredited in submissions, we'll need to start archiving some of the extra submissions soon.