Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy XI
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Battle Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Resubmitted because of an accidental acceptance!

Approved by Static

Bloop

Sorry for the wait on this one! Was originally waiting for maelstrom to look at this one again, but the chemicals he's looking at took away his time again. I'll be mostly checking if his feedback has been fully implemented, and pick out a few things I notice along the way.

-m11: There should be an 8th rest in beat 3 of the L.H. in the bottom layer. You can beam the 8ths on beat 3.5 and 4.5 together too like you did in the rest of the sheet.
-m16: You can add a staccato to beat 4 in the R.H. and L.H. here, it's the same thing as in m32
-m24: You can move the quarter rest in the R.H. in beat 3 up a bit, or delete it since it's not as necessary: it looks a bit lost down there.
-m28: The beam in beat 4 to 4.5 in the L.H. should be flipped downwards.
-m39: It might look better to have the rests in the L.H. on beat 4 be on the same height as they were in m38.
-m44: The Fn on beat 4.5 in the L.H. should be a F#. You can add this F#-Gn 16th line in m52 too actually.
-m49, 53, 57, 61: I think you can move the half rests up so they all lie on the top staff line instead of the middle one. They get a bit close to the bottom layer, especially in m57 and 61
-m51: The wavy line in the L.H. should be extended up a bit so the top is more aligned with the top note of the chord.
-m65-72: I personally think you can leave the senza pedale marking out here, since it's all still in the same vibe as before, just with some more notes in the L.H. The shorter notes in m67 until the end being held isn't a problem for me either, since there's some instruments holding those notes as well. You could even write the L.H. from m67 with an octave below like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
Lastly, if you remove the senza pedale marking, you could also remove the ties in the R.H. in m65 and 69 (and the notes they tie to in m66 and 70 of course). They look a bit messy atm, m65 is doable but in m59 they're clashing with some notes. You could write "(senza pedale)" between brackets at the start of the sheet if you want, but it's not that necessary since the player will know not to play the repeat with pedal if they didn't do it the first time :p
Lastly, as a optional suggestion, you could change the repeat bar at the end to a "D.C." marking. Repeat bars could suggest to the reader that there's a back repeat bar somewhere in the sheet, whereas a D.C. is immediately clear in where you want the player to go back to.

Fantastic Ike

No worries, thanks for taking over. I think we're all good with these changes.

Bloop

Oops, meant to reply to this earlier but apparently I didn't post my message. There's just this part left:
Quote from: Bloop on November 14, 2022, 11:11:01 AMLastly, if you remove the senza pedale marking, you could also remove the ties in the R.H. in m65 and 69 (and the notes they tie to in m66 and 70 of course). They look a bit messy atm, m65 is doable but in m59 they're clashing with some notes.
I think this looks a bit clearer:
The player will probably hold the pedal in these two sets of two bears anyway, so the notes will be held, and it saves some messing around with the ties to try to make them look neat.

Fantastic Ike

Bloop

Great, then I'll accept for real now!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot