News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Static's Halloween Sheet

Started by Static, September 30, 2022, 01:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[PS3] Demon's Souls - "Old King Allant"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

Libera

No embed? :(

Anyway, here's the feedback:

-I feel like there should be some dynamic change going into bar 6, it definitely feels a lot less intense than the previous 5 bars, and although a lot of that is achieved through the voicings on the organ, it doesn't have nearly as drastic an effect on piano.
-I think there is a Bb in the RH on beat 3 of bar 9.  The minor 2nd sound is pretty distinctive.  I hear it as resolving up to the Cn on beat 4.
-Also I think there is a G# missing in the RH in bar 10, but it's always a bit tricky with organs haha.
-I think the Bn in the RH of bar 17 beat 3 is actually a Cn.  It's easier to hear on the repeat where the melody disappears.

As you are aware, I am a big fan of this pick for Halloween!

Static

Quote from: Libera on October 02, 2022, 12:13:59 PMNo embed? :(
ask and you shall receive

Quote from: Libera on October 02, 2022, 12:13:59 PM-I feel like there should be some dynamic change going into bar 6, it definitely feels a lot less intense than the previous 5 bars, and although a lot of that is achieved through the voicings on the organ, it doesn't have nearly as drastic an effect on piano.
-I think there is a Bb in the RH on beat 3 of bar 9.  The minor 2nd sound is pretty distinctive.  I hear it as resolving up to the Cn on beat 4.
-Also I think there is a G# missing in the RH in bar 10, but it's always a bit tricky with organs haha.
-I think the Bn in the RH of bar 17 beat 3 is actually a Cn.  It's easier to hear on the repeat where the melody disappears.
Made all the changes. I had those extra notes in m9-10 there originally but I removed them thinking it was just echoing from before, but it definitely sounds correct/better with them added. I also added As to m11.

Quote from: Libera on October 02, 2022, 12:13:59 PMAs you are aware, I am a big fan of this pick for Halloween!
Glad you like it! I could've sworn we had a Demon's Souls sheet on here already, but I guess it was only Dark Souls. This also means we'll be getting some more of that PS triple representation...

Libera

Bloop

-m1-5: organs and overtones are hard, but I kinda hear the R.H. here an octave up with a separate flute-organ tone harmony beneath (playing A, G, A, E, A, G, G, G, A). Maybe you could incorporate that separate voice in some way?
-m16: Maybe you could add a courtesy natural on the F in the R.H. (to cancel the F# in the previous bar)

That's all tho, nice sheet!

Static

Quote from: Bloop on October 06, 2022, 11:48:58 AM-m1-5: organs and overtones are hard, but I kinda hear the R.H. here an octave up with a separate flute-organ tone harmony beneath (playing A, G, A, E, A, G, G, G, A). Maybe you could incorporate that separate voice in some way?
I kinda hear it, but also those notes are already included in lower voices that I wrote, and I'd rather keep the RH part in the current register. I think I'll just leave that part as it is.

Quote from: Bloop on October 06, 2022, 11:48:58 AM-m16: Maybe you could add a courtesy natural on the F in the R.H. (to cancel the F# in the previous bar)
Added

Quote from: Bloop on October 06, 2022, 11:48:58 AMThat's all tho, nice sheet!
Thanks, and thanks for taking a look! The new file should be up now hopefully

Bloop

Makes sense, then I'll accept!
You cannot view this attachment.