News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[SAT] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - "2D Field" by Static

Started by Zeta, September 30, 2022, 02:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Megami Tensei/Persona
Game: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Console: Sega Saturn
Title: 2D Field
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Audio link (gamerip)

When this was first localized in the west on 3DS, it was called "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers", but that SMT marketing label is no longer used for similar games like Persona 3-4 so I decided to drop it here as well. This is consistent with what we have on site.

Bloop

Mostly some suggestions, very nice!
-m7: The synth part playing the chords also plays on beat 4 here, maybe you could add some harmonic filler notes?
-m19: I kinda hear the D-E-D grace notes at the end of the bar as a mordent on what would be the third 8th triplet in beat 4. However, there's also a C before going to the Bn in m20, so maybe you could add that as a grace note, or add it as a fourth grace note if you don't wanna have the D-E-D as a mordent.
-m21: Maybe you could add a G below the Ab-C dyad here? Having no 7th or 9th on the first beat sounds a bit empty compared to the chords before. The G-Ab-C triad is holdable for most of the measure too
-m23: The stem of the half note on beat 1 in the R.H. should be flipped
-m24: I think you can write the Eb on beat 3 as a D# too, since the G and C function as a b6 and b2 resolving to the 5 and 1 of B7 on beat 4. Also, I think I hear a C in the L.H. on beat 4.5 (instead of a Bn)

Static

Quote from: Bloop on October 08, 2022, 07:07:29 AMMostly some suggestions, very nice!
-m7: The synth part playing the chords also plays on beat 4 here, maybe you could add some harmonic filler notes?
I wanted to keep that part in the middle register instead of having it jump around with the melody.

Quote from: Bloop on October 08, 2022, 07:07:29 AM-m19: I kinda hear the D-E-D grace notes at the end of the bar as a mordent on what would be the third 8th triplet in beat 4. However, there's also a C before going to the Bn in m20, so maybe you could add that as a grace note, or add it as a fourth grace note if you don't wanna have the D-E-D as a mordent.
I did something a little different but I think it makes sense.

Quote from: Bloop on October 08, 2022, 07:07:29 AM-m21: Maybe you could add a G below the Ab-C dyad here? Having no 7th or 9th on the first beat sounds a bit empty compared to the chords before. The G-Ab-C triad is holdable for most of the measure too
-m23: The stem of the half note on beat 1 in the R.H. should be flipped
-m24: I think you can write the Eb on beat 3 as a D# too, since the G and C function as a b6 and b2 resolving to the 5 and 1 of B7 on beat 4. Also, I think I hear a C in the L.H. on beat 4.5 (instead of a Bn)
Fixed everything except for beat m24 b4.5 LH, I still hear B there.

Thanks for taking a look

Bloop

Libera

Looks good, just some small comments from me:

-I feel like the RH in bar 16 could be a bit bigger.  Maybe add in the octave below, and I'd definitely add the D# as well on the last one like in the original.
-Any reason for omitting the F in the chord in bar 16?  Similarly for the E and D for the chord in bar 17.
-I think the En on beat 1 of bar 23 should be a Eb/D#.
-I wasn't 100% sure but I was also leaning towards the LH beat 4.5 of bar 24 being a C rather than another B, then I noticed Bloop said it as well.  Beat 1.5 also sounds to me like a D rather than an F, but I can hear that one more clearly.

Static

Got a chance to read this more closely... Sounds good, though beat 1 m23 RH I still hear En on top. Thanks for taking a look!

Libera

Static said I could make those edits for him.  We also agreed on an Eb in bar 23.

Will accept now!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot