News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[NES] Dr. Mario - "VS Game Over" (Replacement) by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, October 01, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Dr. Mario
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: VS Game Over
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

So, for those wondering about the title change, the original sheet was called "Versus Victory," which is the title given by fans and many YouTube channels that post video game music, but the official title, as seen here, is "VS Game Over."

Bloop

-The song is in E major, so the key signature should have 4 sharps
-m1 + pickup: I hear the L.H. an octave higher. Also, the Cn should be a B# (the third of G# major)
-Throughout the whole song, the bass note on beat 2.5 should be a half step below the next note (which will mean quite a lot of double sharps: Fx before G#, B# before C#, and Cx before D#). The only exceptions to this are the measures that have the bass start on F# (like m13)

That's all my comments though, everything else looks good!

NineLives

Bloop

You forgot the Cn to B# in the first measure ^^ And I just noticed that the pick up measure is currently included in the measure numbering, but it shouldn't be. Everything else looks good!

NineLives

Quote from: Bloop on October 07, 2022, 07:16:15 AMYou forgot the Cn to B# in the first measure
Sorry about that! Got it fixed along with the other thing!

Bloop

Libera

What does 'Festively Disease-Free' mean?

I think the 8vas could be a little closer to the notes in bars 19/21/23/25, but otherwise I think this looks good to me.

NineLives

The sheet has been updated!
Quote from: Libera on November 25, 2022, 10:46:04 AMWhat does 'Festively Disease-Free' mean?
I was trying to come up with a creative way to describe the theme of the song. I thought it was a fairly festive-sounding victory theme and since it played when one of the players destroyed all the germs, or diseases, in their jar, I combined the two in that phrase. That was the thought process.

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot