NinSheetMusic > Project Archive

cacabish's Halloween Sheets

(1/4) > >>

cacabish:
I finally went back and finished Yoshi's Crafted World this year and, while it's soundtrack can't hold a candle to its predecessor, Yoshi's Woolly World, it's not to bad (just a bit too simple and too repetitive). And this track in particular is quite spooky and plays during one of the scariest levels I've ever played. And given it's relative simplicity, it was a no-brainer! :)

"Nighttime Crafts"
[SWITCH] Yoshi's Crafted World
[PDF] [MUSX]
(Note: PDF not guaranteed to be up-to-date)

Yes, its subtitle is "Track 1". I looked on the in-game music player and that's what they call it. Real boring if you ask me, but that's what it is. :-\

"The Great Stage - Track 1"
[SWITCH] Luigi's Mansion 3
[PDF] [MUSX]
(Note: PDF not guaranteed to be up-to-date)

Bloop:
Nighttime Crafts
I think key-signature wise it would look a bit more straightforward for a pianist to read it in Eb minor rather than D# minor, so 6 flats instead of 6 sharps. It will cause more naturals to appear and less double sharps. I'll check the exact enharmonic spelling after the change tho ^^ Aside from that I have nothing to say about it, looks great!

Because of that, I'm totally fine with the Luigi's Mansion track as an additional sub!
The Great Stage
-m3: Maybe the mf dynamic marking isn't that necessary: the melody is pretty loud compared to the accompaniment, but that's pretty common for classical(-sounding) pieces like this. If you look up any performance of this prelude from Chopin, you'll see the melody is also more in a mf-range, even though the dynamic marking is still p.
-m4 and 6: I think you can extend the R.H. notes to be held for the full bar: the pedal will do that anyway, and it looks a bit cleaner and more straightforward.
-m10: Maybe you could add a courtesy accidental to the Ab in the R.H. and the Cb in the L.H.? Also, the En's in the L.H. should be Fb's

cacabish:

--- Quote from: Bloop on October 03, 2022, 09:49:47 PM ---Nighttime Crafts
I think key-signature wise it would look a bit more straightforward for a pianist to read it in Eb minor rather than D# minor, so 6 flats instead of 6 sharps. It will cause more naturals to appear and less double sharps. I'll check the exact enharmonic spelling after the change tho ^^ Aside from that I have nothing to say about it, looks great!

--- End quote ---
Alright, I've transposed it! I do agree it reads easier this way, probably because most of the melody lines are "falling" in some fashion. And... please do look over the accidentals; they're giving me vertigo with this many flats in the key signature. :o


--- Quote from: Bloop on October 03, 2022, 09:49:47 PM ---Because of that, I'm totally fine with the Luigi's Mansion track as an additional sub!

--- End quote ---
Yay! :squirt_happy:


--- Quote from: Bloop on October 03, 2022, 09:49:47 PM ---The Great Stage
-m3: Maybe the mf dynamic marking isn't that necessary: the melody is pretty loud compared to the accompaniment, but that's pretty common for classical(-sounding) pieces like this. If you look up any performance of this prelude from Chopin, you'll see the melody is also more in a mf-range, even though the dynamic marking is still p.

--- End quote ---
A very good point (and a good example from one of my favorite Chopin pieces). I suppose the Moonlight Sonata (which I believe this piece draws main inspiration from) also has that. As such, I've changed it to just piano for now, with the mezzo forte hidden for the playback. Let me know if you think it should be different.


--- Quote from: Bloop on October 03, 2022, 09:49:47 PM ----m4 and 6: I think you can extend the R.H. notes to be held for the full bar: the pedal will do that anyway, and it looks a bit cleaner and more straightforward.
-m10: Maybe you could add a courtesy accidental to the Ab in the R.H. and the Cb in the L.H.? Also, the En's in the L.H. should be Fb's

--- End quote ---
Check, check, and double check! All added. :)

Alright, I've updated the files! I've also moved the .musx for the Luigi's Mansion 3 piece into the Halloween folder. Thanks, Bloop! :D

Bloop:
Nighttime Crafts
-m8: You can write the En in the R.H. as Fb (descending towards Eb)
-m22: Technically you could write this dyad as Fb-Ab too, but I think En-G# actually makes more sense in the D minor environment. Just wanted to mention it :p

I think that should be all though! There are more parts that look a bit counter-intuitive than I expected, but I think it's still a bit better than D# minor haha

The Great Stage
There's just an Ab in the R.H. in m6 that should be an An, which I think was like that before, but everything else looks good!

cacabish:

--- Quote from: Bloop on October 04, 2022, 10:49:11 AM ---Nighttime Crafts
-m8: You can write the En in the R.H. as Fb (descending towards Eb)

--- End quote ---
Since they're chromatically descending tritones, wouldn't it make sense to keep the intervals the same for parallel's sake? Because changing the En to an Fb would make the first tritone an interval of 4, compared to the others which are 5.


--- Quote from: Bloop on October 04, 2022, 10:49:11 AM ----m22: Technically you could write this dyad as Fb-Ab too, but I think En-G# actually makes more sense in the D minor environment. Just wanted to mention it :p

--- End quote ---
Yeah, MuseScore kept recommending that, and while I agree it's simpler that way, I chose it to E-G# to (a) keep it parallel with m.25-26 and (b) it shows visual contrast indicating to the player to definitely move their hand. Now, I think the system break helps Fb-Ab not look visually confusing compared to if they were juxtaposed on the same system, but I still prefer the clear visual contrast between the two dyads.


--- Quote from: Bloop on October 04, 2022, 10:49:11 AM ---There are more parts that look a bit counter-intuitive than I expected, but I think it's still a bit better than D# minor haha

--- End quote ---
Agreed. Any particular examples that "look a bit counter-intuitive than [you] expected"? Just curious what you see, compared to what I see.


--- Quote from: Bloop on October 04, 2022, 10:49:11 AM ---The Great Stage
There's just an Ab in the R.H. in m6 that should be an An, which I think was like that before, but everything else looks good!

--- End quote ---
Herp derp. Fixed that. Good catch! :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version