News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

NSM web crawler - batch downloader!

Started by Bombette, October 09, 2022, 03:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombette

Hi everyone!
I'm new here, this is my first post.

I made a Python script recently to download every sheet music at once.
It uses CSS selectors and is very effective and easy to modify. The download process is currently a bit slow, but it works perfectly fine.
You can even interrupt the script and it will resume when it runs again.

You can check it out on my GitHub: https://github.com/breeev/NSM

I didn't compile any executable because it will be blocked by every antivirus and I want you to look at the source code so you can trust it.
If you get any ImportError, just use pip install [module].

Alright, stay safe!
~ Bombette

Latios212

Hello there and welcome to NinSheetMusic! :) I appreciate the effort put into compiling this together.

However, I advise people against trying to download the entire site's contents for one main reason: Unlike other online collections you might want a mass downloader for (like KHInsider), NinSheetMusic is a continually evolving collection with improvements and replacements made for older sheets. We often replace sheets on site with new files that contain accuracy and formatting fixes, or even completely rearranged sheets for some older, lower quality ones. As such, a bulk download of the sheets on site will become outdated over time. (There's also the question of the site handling so many requests at once, but that's a separate concern...)

All the same, we don't have any terms of service or anything like that to explicitly disallow web scrapers right now and there's nothing I can do to stop you. We're just a small group of hobbyists trying to curate a collection of quality sheets. For the above reasons, I'd kindly ask that you not widely share/distribute these scripts. Again, this isn't a demand coming from the owner of the site but a personal request based on what I believe is best.

Thank you for your time!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle