[DELETED] [MUL] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - "Buried

Started by Zeta, November 24, 2022, 04:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Buried Relic
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: smolfeesh

XiaoMigros

Hi! Welcome to NSM :)

In order for your sheet to be put on the site in its next update, 2 updaters need to give this sheet their approval. I'm not an updater, but I've come to help you out anyway!

• I believe this track is in the key of G Minor, so your key signature should be 2 flats.
  • This point's just a personal preference of mine but since you defined the tempo as 'rhythmical', I think it would make more sense to use 4/4 rather than common time.
  • Articulation is generally placed on the notehead side rather than the stem side, though there are exceptions. The accents should be accounted for under the simile marking, so there's no need to include those throughout but not the staccatos.
  • I also think you should add staccato markings in m1-2 on all the notes that a slur ends on.
  • In m9 the percussion kicks in and increases the drive of the track, maybe you could reflect that using dynamics?
  • I hear faint harmonies under the RH Fs in m15/16. Also I would recommend adding articulation for at least m16, since it's significantly different than the other measures covered by the simile marking from m3.
  • I'm also not a huge fan of using 3 staves here, could you maybe combine the upper 2 using different layers?
  • All of your files (especially the PDF) should be exported from the .mus file.

Sorry if it's a bit much, but feel free to ask if you have any questions or comments!

smolfeesh

sup

- I've identified this to kind of be modal? Felt like it's completely appropriate to put in 1 flat since it's alternating between like a G Dorian / Eb Lydian sort of vibe
- I think the difference between c and 4/4 is negligible but if I can get a better consensus to use 4/4 instead then I'll switch that out
- articulation problems are probably due to me not exporting from the .mus file lol
- ok will do, makes sense
- will also do i think
- missed that, will add in
- I don't think that's cleaner. 3 staves makes it especially clear what's going on in my opinion since we'd get weird noteheads interfering with ties if I were to merge the top two staves
- ok whoops I forgot to do this but also the staff division symbol after bar 16 doesn't seem to exist in Finale notepad or something

uhhh ok i'll figure it out eventually thanx for feedback
uwu

XiaoMigros

Quote from: smolfeesh on November 25, 2022, 06:07:11 AM- I've identified this to kind of be modal? Felt like it's completely appropriate to put in 1 flat since it's alternating between like a G Dorian / Eb Lydian sort of vibe
Even with modes other than ionian and aeolian it's usually still advised to write them in either a major or minor key signature.

Quote from: smolfeesh on November 25, 2022, 06:07:11 AM- I think the difference between c and 4/4 is negligible but if I can get a better consensus to use 4/4 instead then I'll switch that out
Yeah the 4/4 thing is optional, that's just my two cents on it so do with that what you will..

If you want any help with exporting the files and dealing with Finale I can help with that (I also have Sibelius if that were to be relevant) but perhaps it's best to sort that out later once most of the other stuff is ready.

XiaoMigros

After talking a little over Discord we made some extra adjustments concerning the simile markings and went over the sheet's general formatting. Here's an up-to-date .musx file I made in case that's of use to anybody.

Bloop

-m2: The R.H. G on beat 2.5 is also slurred.
-About the simile, maybe it's easier on the player to just include the slurs whenever necessary and write a mark "staccato" at the start of the sheet? The player will know that all tied and slurred notes shouldn't be staccato, and all others notes should be. It's also easier to read than memorizing which notes are and aren't legato in the simile, especially after m17 where the L.H. and R.H. don't exactly repeat the previous bars.
-m17-28: I actually doubt if you'll need the middle staff here, since that voice in the original is very much in the background. It will be hard on the player to really try to get the melody out, since the middle voice requires the player to stop holding some notes. Especially m21 is pretty tricky to play. The rhythmic drive is in the L.H. too, so you won't lose too much from that either.
-m18: The L.H. C on beat 2.5 should be slurred (but for some reason not in m26)
-m22 and 30: I hear D and Eb on beat 4 and 4.5 in the L.H. (instead of Eb and En)
-m24: I hear C and Eb in the L.H. on beat 3.5 and 4 (instead of F and D)
-m33 and 35: The low G's on beat 1.5 and 2 aren't here in these two measures.
-Do you have a source for the composer credits? Atsuhiro Ishizuna seems to be credited for the music too, but I can't quickly find a list of composer credits per track.

Kricketune54

I'm going to archive this submission due to inactivity. Feel free to resubmit in the future!