NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Author Topic: [NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Failure" by Kricketune54  (Read 500 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
[NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Failure" by Kricketune54
« on: January 25, 2023, 10:21:43 PM »

Submission Information:

Series: Mario Kart
Game: Mario Kart DS
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Failure
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Kricketune54

Kricketune54

• Hyrule Hymn
  • Espeon in my LH, Umbreon in my RH
    • View Profile
    • Kricketune54 Youtube Channel
Re: [NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Failure" by Kricketune54
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 10:24:01 PM »

I saw this called "Failure" more often than "Race Lose" so that's what I went with, despite the video title.

I did some layer combining because the LH part looks a little bit messy otherwise.  LH beats 2 and 4 are slightly modified notes, though I was wondering if I should have F's instead of Eb's in LH m15 beats 2 and 4

XiaoMigros

• Birdo's Ballet
  • Doing stuff probably
    • View Profile
    • My MuseScore profile
Re: [NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Failure" by Kricketune54
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 10:45:38 AM »

I saw this called "Failure" more often than "Race Lose" so that's what I went with, despite the video title.
To me, "Failure" seems a bit too ambiguous, since there are several tracks in the game this could be referring to, let alone all the fanfares. Also, what exactly is being failed? Maybe worth waiting for a second opinion on this, but I'm not really a fan of the current title.

I did some layer combining because the LH part looks a little bit messy otherwise.  LH beats 2 and 4 are slightly modified notes, though I was wondering if I should have F's instead of Eb's in LH m15 beats 2 and 4
I'm not sure what parts you used where for reference, but the LH part in general looks pretty mix and matched. I hear A and F in the banjo, and F/C/Eb (descending) in the other instrument.

• Maybe you could make the pickup measure 2 beats long instead of 1.5? Not strictly necessary but I think it would make the swing easier to read.
  • I'm not sure whether the 2nd layer in the RH is really needed, but again maybe wait for a second opinion. Throughout the whole track the rhythms are quite free, and it looks weird to only specify that in 2 places. If you're going to keep it, I would suggest removing the rests in the 1st half, and adjusting the position of the one in the 2nd half (shouldn't be the same height as 'regular' rests). The staccato in m10 should be flipped as well.
  • On the topic of free rhythms, I think that's something worth mentioning in the tempo text. The swing is super heavy and the RH isn't played that linearly.
  • Same point about the rest position applies to the LH in a bunch of places, would recommend looking over those
  • Not sure why you wrote m5 and m13 using 2 layers, seems a bit excessive

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries.