Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 10
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Absolute Chill (Chill Man Stage)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Here it is: my very last re-write of an older sheet. It's no mystery as to why I held off on it so long; at first glance, this song is just another chiptune Mega Man track, but don't be fooled. There's giant leaps, conflicting textures, and all sorts of other weird things that made arranging this song so many years ago a very, very bad idea. Fortunately, I think I've come up with logical solutions to most of these obstacles, and crafted left hand patterns that ought to be somewhat satisfactory.

The music team for the fan-game Mega Man Maker produced near-perfect recreations of Mega Man 9 and 10's OSTs, and from those I can provide more isolated tracks. As far as I can tell, the transcriptions are all accurate, but if you're hesitant to let me reference them for my arrangement, I will stop using them as a guide (I did my own transcribing from the original—the fan-made one just helped inspire my arrangement process).
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Kricketune54

Solid rewrite! Not too much to comment on just a few note clarifications

Notes
-m1-3 So far as I can tell for each measure the LH repeats that same beat 1 and 2 phrase on beats 3 and 4.
- Generally I think the way the LH was arranged works well and makes sense. However I think for m6+m8 beat 3.0 will sound a bit more like the original as a Bb instead of An.
-Similarly m13,15,17,19 LH beat 2.0 I think would be better as an En like the original. Basically the rhythm should have same notes as m37 and m39.
-m17 RH beat 2.0 this is a G
-m21, 25 and m49 LH beat 4.0 I hear another A (same as beat 2.5)
-m23 and m47 LH beat 4.5 this C ties to beat 1 of the next measure (I don't hear an F on beat 1 of m24 for example), should be similar to m27-28's tied C between the measures.
-Maybe you could put a tenuto on m44 RH beat 4.5? To reflect it is originally held out into m45 beat 1 but it's such a small tie-over it might not be worth bothering.

It sounds like between m21-27 LH there's some mixing of parts between the bassline and the harmony channel (idk what else to call the non-melody non-bassline channel lol). Just wanted to check if that was intentional as opposed to just doing the bassline's notes.
Couple example differences in just writing the LH as the bassline:
-m24 LH beat 4.0 I hear a C (same as beat 3.5 )
-m27 LH beat 4.0 I hear an F (same as beat 3.5)

LeviR.star

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 06, 2023, 02:04:31 PMSolid rewrite! Not too much to comment on just a few note clarifications

Hey, thanks for checking this sheet, Kricketune! Much appreciated.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 06, 2023, 02:04:31 PM-m1-3 So far as I can tell for each measure the LH repeats that same beat 1 and 2 phrase on beats 3 and 4.
- Generally I think the way the LH was arranged works well and makes sense. However I think for m6+m8 beat 3.0 will sound a bit more like the original as a Bb instead of An.
-Similarly m13,15,17,19 LH beat 2.0 I think would be better as an En like the original. Basically the rhythm should have same notes as m37 and m39.
-m17 RH beat 2.0 this is a G
-Maybe you could put a tenuto on m44 RH beat 4.5? To reflect it is originally held out into m45 beat 1 but it's such a small tie-over it might not be worth bothering.
- It sounds like between m21-27 LH there's some mixing of parts between the bassline and the harmony channel (idk what else to call the non-melody non-bassline channel lol). Just wanted to check if that was intentional as opposed to just doing the bassline's notes.

- I know this, but I wanted to take the opportunity to account for all the textures, specifically the whole notes in the triangle. The second pulse is a bit quieter on beats 3 and 4 so I thought it would be fine to sustain on them in the left hand
- that sounds like a good idea. I'll also change the C's right after them into D's, it makes more sense IMO
- alright yup, got that. I think those are leftovers from when I was still experimenting with LH patterns
- ah yes, and same with m. 13. That's what I get for copying and pasting the melody from my old arrangement
- yeah I'm not sure it's worth it, maybe if there were more tenutos scattered throughout the score, but in this case I'm opposed. Thanks for the suggestion though

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 06, 2023, 02:04:31 PMIt sounds like between m21-27 LH there's some mixing of parts between the bassline and the harmony channel (idk what else to call the non-melody non-bassline channel lol). Just wanted to check if that was intentional as opposed to just doing the bassline's notes.

Yes, that was intentional. The bass line and countermelody don't exactly mix well so I thought it'd be better to write them as one, instead of putting the countermelody in the second layer. If I'm understanding this correctly, all of your points pertaining to that section are "corrections" to the notes I have written, but this should clear things up.

Once again, thanks for your help. The files are updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Kricketune54

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 10, 2023, 03:00:45 PMOnce again, thanks for your help. The files are updated.
Sure!

Few more things I noticed:

- m1 RH the G# could be written as Ab. I know it's a neighbor to the Gn before it but it seems kind of weird to write different from the LH
- m20 beats 3-4 the LH part is understandably a little murky to want to do too much with, but you could have the Eb and An 8th notes that play here on beats 4 and 4.5 
Spoiler
[close]
- m24 and m48 LH beat 1.0 I don't hear an F in either the bassline or the harmony notes on this beat, the bassline sounds like the C from the previous measure is tied over to beat 1.0. Similar to m27-28
- m50 LH maybe could be written the same as m46, though they are slightly different rhythms in the original.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 20, 2023, 01:40:21 PM- m1 RH the G# could be written as Ab. I know it's a neighbor to the Gn before it but it seems kind of weird to write different from the LH
- m20 beats 3-4 the LH part is understandably a little murky to want to do too much with, but you could have the Eb and An 8th notes that play here on beats 4 and 4.5 
Spoiler
[close]
- m24 and m48 LH beat 1.0 I don't hear an F in either the bassline or the harmony notes on this beat, the bassline sounds like the C from the previous measure is tied over to beat 1.0. Similar to m27-28
- m50 LH maybe could be written the same as m46, though they are slightly different rhythms in the original.

- I feel dumb for missing that one
- not a big fan of this change, since it creates a tritone, but I've come up with a temporary solution to the problem:

You cannot view this attachment.

- you're right, there's no reason to have that F on the downbeat
- I think that m. 50 pattern is supposed to match m. 26, so I'm going to change it accordingly

Files are updated.

Kricketune54

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 25, 2023, 08:08:45 PM- not a big fan of this change, since it creates a tritone, but I've come up with a temporary solution to the problem:

This works for me, I'll mark this as Approved

Latios212

Nice work! Just a couple of really small things:
- Ab at the end of m. 6/8 I'd suggest making G# since A is the tonic here.
- It seems a bit awkward to end the glissando on a C# in m. 44 because it's presumably being played on white keys.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on March 28, 2023, 03:35:49 PM- Ab at the end of m. 6/8 I'd suggest making G# since A is the tonic here.
- It seems a bit awkward to end the glissando on a C# in m. 44 because it's presumably being played on white keys.

- you got it
- yeah, I had a feeling that was improper of me, but it's fixed now

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 27, 2023, 09:10:54 PMThis works for me, I'll mark this as Approved

I've decided that I'm gonna roll with this change, it's accurately transcribed even if a bit dissonant.

Thanks, Latios and Kricketune! Files are fixed.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot