Series: Other
Game: Shadowgate
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Hall of Mirrors
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Oh boi a sheet thats over 2 years old. Hopefully got all the accidentals highlighting their actual key sig, I figured it was best to leave it with no key sig since it changes key every measure essentially.

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros

Accidentals look good!

• For m2 and similar cases: I hear beats 1-2 in the RH as dotted quarter-eighth, with no rest.
  • I think beat 3 in m3, 5, & 7 should be raised by a half step
  • Thoughts on adding staccato markings (or alternatively a text marking) to the LH?

Atcero

Got that all updated minus the staccato. They aren't short enough to be staccato but yeah def not a full quarter, so that might be something either player choice or do something like an 8th note. If its fine though I'd prefer to just leave them as is but def can change them.
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Quote from: Atcero on March 19, 2023, 10:35:59 AMHopefully got all the accidentals highlighting their actual key sig, I figured it was best to leave it with no key sig since it changes key every measure essentially.
Yep, I think these all look fine. One small thing for consideration though - I would recommend getting rid of the courtesy natural in measure 3. Given the accidentals change every couple of measures and there's no key signature, the sheet already kind of forces the performer to do a mental reset of accidentals across barlines. As such, I don't think there would be a risk of the B natural being misread, and it'd look cleaner without the parenthesized natural. That's my two cents from dealing with other sheets in the past with unstable tonal centers.

Other than that, a couple of visual things:
- The mf text should be centered between the beat 1 quarter notes (it's too far to the right)
- Your top, right, and bottom margins are all different. I'd suggest standardizing them to something like 0.5 or 0.6 inches, making sure to leave a bit more room for the left margin because of the staff braces. If you do adjust them, make sure the arranger/composer text is shifted a bit accordingly.

Looking good :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Cool! Though... the margins still look the same to me?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Spoiler
[close]

Atcero

Updated with what we talked about in the cord. Thank ya!

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Nice, I just typically recommend leaving the left margin larger (since the staff brace pops out) and the other three equal. That way you end up with equal space on the left and right sides of the sheet. So you can set the right margin to 0.5 as well.

Anyway, that aside, I'll leave my approval! ^^

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

It seems Latios covered everything else I wanted to.. (thanks, Latios!)

The staccato markings have repositioned themselves in the .pdf and the .mus, so if you could at least make sure it's correct in the .pdf that would be great :p

Atcero

Got the margins and them moving staccatos taken care of :Catjam: thank ya!

Spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by XiaoMigros.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot