[NES] Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters - "Stage Clear" by Jacopo Tore & Matteo Bianchi

Started by Zeta, March 20, 2023, 09:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Stage Clear
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Jacopo Tore & Matteo Bianchi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kricketune54

Bloop

i probably spent too much time trying to find the piece in a playthrough lol
Apparently this theme shares the melody of the Victory Theme, but I haven't found this specific theme being played in the actual playthrough yet. It having its own video instead of just being part of a full soundtrack video is at least some source we could work with.

Anyway, I already left an approval of this before it was deleted. I can leave another approval once the title has been updated to Stage Clear, though let us know if you still prefer "Unknown Theme 4" (though make sure to fix the typo at the title). The ninsheetmusic url at the copyright info is also there twice, so one of those should be removed.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on March 26, 2023, 11:54:54 AMI can leave another approval once the title has been updated to Stage Clear, though let us know if you still prefer "Unknown Theme 4" (though make sure to fix the typo at the title).

My understanding is that they titled it "Unknown Theme 4" because that's what the Niko's 8BitStereo upload calls it in the description. The Cutting Room Floor's article suggests that this music is in the game. Multiple sources point to this track having a specific purpose, so preference or not, "Victory Theme" or "Stage Clear" would be the only acceptable names for it.

Please, updaters, I beg of you, out of respect for the uncredited composers, do not label this arrangement as an "unknown theme".
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 26, 2023, 12:22:05 PMMy understanding is that they titled it "Unknown Theme 4" because that's what the Niko's 8BitStereo upload calls it in the description. The Cutting Room Floor's article suggests that this music is in the game. Multiple sources point to this track having a specific purpose, so preference or not, "Victory Theme" or "Stage Clear" would be the only acceptable names for it.

Please, updaters, I beg of you, out of respect for the uncredited composers, do not label this arrangement as an "unknown theme".
I agree with Levi, the more specific title seems fully warranted here.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Noticed the title is changed! Make sure you fix this too though:
Quote from: Bloop on March 26, 2023, 11:54:54 AMThe ninsheetmusic url at the copyright info is also there twice, so one of those should be removed.

Bloop

I see that has been changed too, though please leave a message in this topic when you've made a change, we don't get notifications of it otherwise :p I'll approve!
You cannot view this attachment.

Kricketune54

Not much for me to add, other than it's cool to see the Godzilla franchise getting repped.

The tempo mark is a bit far off to the left, if only slightly. Perhaps move it right a little to center it over the time signature.

The non legato direction, I understand what it's articulating, but I also don't understand why there needs to be staccatos in m14 and m16. The notes with staccatos honestly sound the same length, if not slightly longer held than all the other 8th notes. Thoughts?

JacopoTore

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 06, 2023, 01:59:58 PMNot much for me to add, other than it's cool to see the Godzilla franchise getting repped.

The tempo mark is a bit far off to the left, if only slightly. Perhaps move it right a little to center it over the time signature.

The non legato direction, I understand what it's articulating, but I also don't understand why there needs to be staccatos in m14 and m16. The notes with staccatos honestly sound the same length, if not slightly longer held than all the other 8th notes. Thoughts?
Did it

Kricketune54

I didn't specify to move the tempo marking higher  ;D a bit too high now

The PDF file is also strangely long as well this time, not sure if a different page style was selected when doing a print to pdf, but there's way too much white space below the copyright now. Please make sure page size 8.5x11/Letter or A4 is selected.

One other small detail noticed in Finale page layout, just click the circled box in my attached image reference and drag it right so the dotted lines overlap and one line instead of two is visible.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 19, 2023, 09:19:39 PMI didn't specify to move the tempo marking higher  ;D a bit too high now

The PDF file is also strangely long as well this time, not sure if a different page style was selected when doing a print to pdf, but there's way too much white space below the copyright now. Please make sure page size 8.5x11/Letter or A4 is selected.

One other small detail noticed in Finale page layout, just click the circled box in my attached image reference and drag it right so the dotted lines overlap and one line instead of two is visible.
Did it

Kricketune54

Zeta