Some staff updates (Wednesday, 22nd of March 2023)

Started by Latios212, March 22, 2023, 05:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Hello everyone! I have a handful of announcements to make today regarding the staff. Please stick with me until the end of this post if you can. I'll try not to be too long-winded :)

First up, regarding moderators! Longtime moderators MaestroUGC and braix will be retiring to Staff Emeritus. They've been helping keep the community in good shape since 2015 and 2016 respectively, back in the days when activity was primarily on the forums. Please thank them for their many years of assistance guiding the community to where it is today!

There's news on the updating side as well. mastersuperfan will also be retiring to Staff Emeritus from the Ghost Updater role. He's done a lot of sheet checking within the last few years and we owe a lot to him! Additionally I'll be stepping back from updater work a little bit. I've done a lot since I came onboard the staff as an updater in 2015, but since last year I've found myself with less and less time for sheet checking. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere and nothing about my responsibilities is changing - I'll just be checking sheets a little less often than I used to.

But that's not all! Enough about reductions in the staff. You may have noticed that the current updaters (myself included) have been struggling a bit to keep up with submissions at the pace we would like to in order to have consistent quality updates. We've decided to bring Kricketune54 and XiaoMigros on board the staff as new Updaters! They will gracefully lend their spare time to help us review sheets and organize updates to keep the site moving along, so give them a big warm congratulations!

And that's all for today! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask around or message me directly. See you around :D
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cacabish

Thank you for all your hard work and effort Maestro, Braix, and MSF! While it's sad to see you guys retire, it's been awesome to see your work and to be a part of your interactions with this community! Enjoy your well-earned retirement and your honorary titles -- you absolutely deserve it! ❤️❤️❤️

And Xiao and Kricketune as updaters?! :o I remember when they both joined the Discord server... seeing them all grown up as updaters brings a tear to my eye. :') (okay that makes me sound super old I'mma stop that)
I look forward to working with the both of you even more! You're going to be great updaters! ;D

LeviR.star

Congratulations to the new updaters Xiao and Kricketune! It's always a joy to see new staff members get inducted, and based on the amount of feedback you've been giving on the submissions board lately, I know you'll both do great work as part of the updater team.

As for the retiring moderators Maestro and braix, thanks for your years of service! Hard to believe 2015/2016 was that long ago, but that just goes to show how much good you've done for this community. And MSF, thank you for all the sheet-checking you've done during your time on NinSheetMusic. I'll bet a good majority of my sheets received your feedback, so I think it's not unreasonable to say I owe a lot of what I've learned as a musician to you. Thank you.

Looking forward to what's in store for the future with our revised team of staff!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Woofpro

-Woofpro, master of cheese

Kuppa

Good luck to Maestro, Braix and MSF!!
Welcome Xiao and Kricketune :D

TorenChuchi

Congrats Krickitune and Xiao!
Good luck to the both of you.
and thanks to Maestro, Braix and MSF!!!!
Pokemon master; pure vessel; Driver of the Aegis; True heir to the Monado; Hero of time; Destroyer of Phaaze, ZDR, Zebes, SR-388, and Dark Aether; Agent 3, 4, & 8; and avid gamer and piano player.

Fantastic Ike

Congrats Xiao and Kricketune! To be fair, I've been viewing them as honorary updaters for a while now given how much they help out :D

Zeila

Thanks for all of your hard work on improving the site and community, Maestro, braix, and mastersuperfan! Good luck with your future endeavors!

And congratulations to Xiao and Kricketune, you'll both do great :>

Olimar12345

Thank you all, new and old, for your service. o7
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Mr_Chicken

Thank you for all the work you have done, and the work you guys continue to do.
This site is only the amazing site it is because of people like you.
We all really appreciate it!
Finally Totk is out and we can put the koroks behind us. What? 900 more?!? Thanks Nintendo.