News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

youtube to finale?

Started by tatormellow, September 03, 2008, 06:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatormellow

i'm new to this site and i saw that when people request music they put a youtube link in sometimes. How can you go from a youtube link to finale?

thx  :D

kotorfanboy

You cannot. The only sound file that Finale can read and arrange are MIDI files. However, some of the arrangers on this site are talented enough to arrange by ear, and just with an mp3 of the song they can arrange it. A youtube video serves as an mp3 in this case.

GreekGeek

Quote from: kotorfanboy on September 03, 2008, 07:12:36 PMYou cannot. The only sound file that Finale can read and arrange are MIDI files. However, some of the arrangers on this site are talented enough to arrange by ear, and just with an mp3 of the song they can arrange it. A youtube video serves as an mp3 in this case.
Isn't this what we all do ::)?

Brawler4Ever

No. Some of us( me, for example) use midis to create the sheets.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

GreekGeek

Okay, well I was told that was plagiate and not allowed so I couldn't help asking it ::)

Tranzlater

It's not plaguism if you only use the Midi as a guideline for those tricky parts.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

GreekGeek

Okay, well I think it's more convenient to download a mp3-version of the song and slow it down with some software or even Windows Media Player, which I found out a long time ago is rather sucky  ;D

kotorfanboy

I always open up the midi, play through the song, then take certain parts of it and put them in different places to make it sound best as a piano arrangement. Then I make some tweaks and modifications.

Parker2334

Quote from: tatormellow on September 03, 2008, 06:17:59 PMi'm new to this site and i saw that when people request music they put a youtube link in sometimes. How can you go from a youtube link to finale?

thx  :D

I know how to Finale to Youtube, but not finale to youtube.

youtube.com/parker2334
THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

HungryDragon

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on September 04, 2008, 06:44:17 AMNo. Some of us( me, for example) use midis to create the sheets.

I am like you  ::)

I usually look for midis too songs that I want to do and use them as a sort of 'guidline'. Although I am trying get away from this and do a song from ear, but I am looking for a midi --> usb cable so I can hook up my keyboard to my laptop and do my notation from there
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

GreekGeek

Quote from: Dude on September 04, 2008, 05:42:34 PM
Quote from: GreekGeek on September 04, 2008, 09:47:19 AMplagiate
Quote from: Tranzlater on September 04, 2008, 10:42:59 AMplaguism
I love how you both spell "Plagiarism" wrong... ::)

And I would simply love to see how wrong YOU would spell plagiarism in Dutch, you bore ;) (I'm so sorry my English isn't as perfect as yours. 15 y.o. boy having had 4 years of English vs. a native speaker)

Tranzlater

Quote from: GreekGeek on September 04, 2008, 10:29:10 PM
Quote from: Dude on September 04, 2008, 05:42:34 PM
Quote from: GreekGeek on September 04, 2008, 09:47:19 AMplagiate
Quote from: Tranzlater on September 04, 2008, 10:42:59 AMplaguism
I love how you both spell "Plagiarism" wrong... ::)

And I would simply love to see how wrong YOU would spell plagiarism in Dutch, you bore ;) (I'm so sorry my English isn't as perfect as yours. 15 y.o. boy having had 4 years of English vs. a native speaker)

You're Dutch? You speak English awesome!
English spelling is so pointlessly complicated.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

GreekGeek

Thanks, still don't really mind for the spelling since spelling only matters to us (high school) in Dutch and Ancient Greek lessons (since a simple change of a vowel can give a word like a million other translations (Goofy Greeks and Dumb Dutch...)).

Dude