Introducing Encore!!™️, the latest musical breakthrough in AI research

Started by Latios212, April 01, 2023, 08:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Disclaimer: This is an April Fools joke :)

Hello everyone! This is a slightly different announcement than usual. Rather than add some new arrangements to the site today, we're excited to introduce a new tool that will help us create high-quality sheet music faster than ever.

In current times, AI is the most powerful tool at our disposal for a myriad of uses. Just in the last few decades, we have seen massive breakthroughs in health care, autonomous vehicle control, and many more exciting areas. We've also seen more and more applications for normal everyday usage, from home security to digital assistants and beyond. We are only beginning to see what kinds of applications AI can be harnessed for to make the world better.

That's why we're thrilled to roll out Encore!!™️, an AI-powered tool to help create sheet music for the site! Because NinSheetMusic specializes in Finale notation files, Encore!!™️ can help you generate one, given a MuseScore notation file or a YouTube video alone. Simply provide the tool with either source, and Encore!!™️ handles the rest of the arrangement for you. It is even integrated with our existing submissions system for you to receive timely feedback from our staff members once ready.

This tool is the result of years of research and months of programming, testing, and refining to achieve optimal accuracy and precision. The brainchild of fellow community member and computer tamer cacabish, Encore!!™️ was developed with a few primary key integrations. First, Encore!!™️ harnesses the power of FlatGPT to provide you with guidance via text for a comfortable user experience as you navigate the tool. The sheet music generation engine was created by hooking up Zeta, our custom bot helper around the site, to use all of the site's sheet music files for training as examples of what our arrangements look like. Finally, we had one of our Code Monkeys, Th3Gavst3r, feed in countless music videos and MuseScore arrangements of all kinds of styles to ensure the model is able to handle the breadth of any video game music one might throw at it.

All of this together, along with careful manual tuning of various parameters, bring it finally to a point where we're ready to open it up to the public. Without further ado, here it is!

Encore!!™️

Please enjoy being among the first to experience Encore and feel free to share suggestions on how we can make it even better!

"Who cares about the Finale, when you can have an Encore!!™️?"

This post was written with the assistance of Zeta, your increasingly-sentient friendly neighborhood NSM bot. Stay tuned for upcoming automated arrangement feedback features.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Hello to all! This announcement is a little different than normal. Today we are thrilled to introduce a new tool that will enable us to produce high-quality sheet music quicker than ever instead of adding some new arrangements to the website.

AI is a powerful tool with many uses. Breakthroughs in health care and autonomous vehicle control have been made in recent decades. AI is also being used for everyday applications like home security and digital assistants. The potential for AI to improve the world is just beginning to be realized.

We are excited to launch Encore!!TM, an AI-powered utility that will assist in producing sheet music for the website, for this reason. Given a MuseScore notation file or a YouTube video alone, Encore!!TM can assist you in creating a Finale notation file because NinSheetMusic excels in creating them. Simply supply either source to the tool, and Encore!The remainder of the arrangement is taken care of by TM. It is even integrated with our current submissions system so that, when it is prepared, you can get prompt input from our staff.

Years of study and months of programming, testing, and improvement went into creating this tool in order to reach the highest levels of precision and accuracy. Encore!!TM was created by fellow community member and computer tamer cacabish and was built using a few critical integrations. In order to give you text-based instructions for a comfortable user experience as you explore the tool, Encore!!TM first makes use of FlatGPT. Zeta, our site-specific bot assistant, was connected to the sheet music generation engine so that it could use all of the site's sheet music files as teaching examples for how our arrangements should be made. Finally, to make sure the model could manage the variety of video game music one might throw at it, we had one of our Code Monkeys, Th3Gavst3r, feed in countless music videos and MuseScore arrangements of all types of styles.

It eventually reaches the point where we are prepared to make it available to the general public after all of this combined with meticulous manual tuning of various parameters. Here it is without further ado!

Encore!!™️

Please savor being amongst the 1st to encounter Encore and feel free to share prepositions on how we might make it even greater!

« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 AM by Z̷̡̗̺̘͌̀͊͗̂̍̏̀͘ȩ̶̛̛̮̳̖̂͗͑̋̀̀̐̒̽͂́̅̚̚i̷͖̩͍̺̥͔̯͉̭̯̟̻͆͑́̈́͌̆̂̂̚ļ̷̛͖̦̖͕͂̓͛̾͑̂̇͗́̕͜͝͝ă̶̮̟͈͓͙͕̮͎̏̃͛́̒͂͝ »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Report to moderator    Logged

For super service, make it Super Mario Bros. Plumbing.  If you've got a problem with your pipes, plumbing's our game. As a family-owned and operated small business, you can expect friendly, reliable, and quality service right here in your area, Brooklyn and Queens. Your satisfaction is guaranteed—because we don't make messes, we fix them. Visit us at www.smbplumbing.com to learn more.

It seems like AI has taken over my account, please send help

On a more serious note, this was a nice surprise. Awesome work to everyone involved :3
...and ofc "right align" doesn't work with tables on this forum unlike "center align," or maybe I'm just doing something wrong

Yug_Guy

LouritaShine

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Winter

Latios212

Thank you all for enjoying the tool! As you may have (hopefully) noticed, this was an elaborate April Fools joke. However, the fact that cacabish and Th3Gavst3r created this awesome application is real, and it will still be around for you to play with via the same link.

Happy arranging! :D
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

You see, the real joke here is the concept of AI tools replacing talented and passionate musicians like those on NinSheetMusic
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Mr_Chicken

Finally Totk is out and we can put the koroks behind us. What? 900 more?!? Thanks Nintendo.

Music44

Logged in to say, thanks for the laugh.  ;D

Went on the site today and found this announcement.
Knowing this was an April 1st joke, I picked a particular song from youtube.
After getting the download, I tossed it into finally and pressed play... it was alarmingly dead on,
so I tried a second song, and well, all became clear haha.  ;D

A# Minor

How are you guys getting this to work? I'm putting in youtube links for piano pieces and the little blue thing next to it keeps rolling. :'(
Is this made for solo instruments only?
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: A# Minor on May 16, 2023, 02:01:04 PMHow are you guys getting this to work? I'm putting in youtube links for piano pieces and the little blue thing next to it keeps rolling. :'(
Is this made for solo instruments only?
It takes some time to work, but that's part of the joke :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber