News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - "Toad's Factory" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, April 09, 2023, 06:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mario Kart
Game: Mario Kart Wii
Console: Wii
Title: Toad's Factory
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

The intro in this video isn't entirely correct as it plays in the stage, because the music in the original race track works pretty weirdly:
The track actually starts at m7 (0:26 in this video), but after a big jump (1:46) the song restarts to the "real" intro from the music video. If you were to stand still in the track, you wouldn't ever hear this "real" intro though. I didn't specifically notify m7 is where the track starts, but I could if necessary. Most music tracks on youtube start with this "real" intro too.

Fantastic Ike

Ooh, love this song. Guess it got taken off NSM at some point though.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on April 09, 2023, 06:59:14 AMOoh, love this song. Guess it got taken off NSM at some point though.
Don't think this was the case? Maybe I'm wrong

• You could hide the Swing tempo mark text and just add "Swing!" left of the q = 220. Nbd if you don't want to but would be slightly cleaner
• m28 RH not hearing the A in half note chord
• m45 beat 3.0 and 3.5 I think the Bb holds as opposed to moving down to Ab. Same at m56 same spot
• m46 RH beat 1.5 G on bottom is a Gb
• m46 RH beat 2.5 playable? 6 notes 1 hand, same deal at m57. Maybe just remove bottom F
• m65 You could add a gliss/fall in the RH to replicate the trumpet fall
• m76 could move the dotted half note away from the flat accidental, or vise versa

Overall this is quite tight

Fantastic Ike

QuoteDon't think this was the case? Maybe I'm wrong

I could've sworn this was onsite before.

Bloop

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on April 26, 2023, 10:24:30 AMI could've sworn this was onsite before.
I think it was actually, at least I remember Shadoninja had an arrangement of it. Pretty sure that was the one on site, but it's not anymore.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 26, 2023, 09:49:52 AM• You could hide the Swing tempo mark text and just add "Swing!" left of the q = 220. Nbd if you don't want to but would be slightly cleaner
I hid the Swing! text instead and added the metric modulation next to the tempo marking, liked that a bit more :p

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 26, 2023, 09:49:52 AM• m45 beat 3.0 and 3.5 I think the Bb holds as opposed to moving down to Ab. Same at m56 same spot
Ah yeah, I think I hear the Eb stay too instead of going down to the Db.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 26, 2023, 09:49:52 AM• m46 RH beat 1.5 G on bottom is a Gb
Huh, true but annoying haha. I removed the Bb for playability and wrote the Gb as F# (both to not confuse the top Gn and bottom Gb, and to write it enharmonically as the 3rd in a heavy D7(b9)(11) chord

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 26, 2023, 09:49:52 AM• m46 RH beat 2.5 playable? 6 notes 1 hand, same deal at m57. Maybe just remove bottom F
You can use the thumb to play the F and G together, that happens quite a lot ^^

Fixed the other things too, files are updated!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on April 27, 2023, 12:17:59 PMI think it was actually, at least I remember Shadoninja had an arrangement of it. Pretty sure that was the one on site, but it's not anymore.
Ah, didn't mean to date either of you  ;D as you both predate me on here and my usage of the site. Found the arrangement in question on Tumbler...
QuoteI hid the Swing! text instead and added the metric modulation next to the tempo marking, liked that a bit more :p
Okay! I was thinking might be a little confusing but I suppose if you read this sheet and know what swing means you understand how notes being swung works lol

QuoteYou can use the thumb to play the F and G together, that happens quite a lot ^^
Ah okay. I thought that could be the case, but I didn't noodle around to test myself enough...

QuoteAh yeah, I think I hear the Eb stay too instead of going down to the Db.
Hmm I'm not hearing this still sounds like it goes from Eb to Db at both spots (m45 and m56)

Few more things:

• It's tough but I think at m27 beat 4 the Gb on the bottom should be a Gn. Same at m35 as well.
• m46 beat 1.5 RH hearing a Bb in there. Same at m57
• m48 RH beat 4 I think Db is would fit better on the bottom here, and I hear it more prominently than another C. Same at m59.
• For m49 I'm not hearing the Bb on beat 3.0, Eb on beat 3.5, and Db on beat 4.5. To me seems like there should be four notes on each of the beats I outlined not five. Same at m60

ThatHiddenCharacter

Ooh, I actually arranged this as well during my absence. Although, from what I remember, you probably did a better job than me. I'm definitely gonna compare, though, and maybe give some feedback if I notice anything.

Edit: The only thing of note I have is that the LH for

sounds more like this to me. This is based upon relistening to the song now; this isn't actually how I had it written in my arrangement, either.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Bloop

oops, took me a while to get to this, but finally got the energy to listen closely to this again :p

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 02, 2023, 02:04:23 PM• m46 beat 1.5 RH hearing a Bb in there. Same at m57
I hear it too yeah, but it's hard to fit it in the chord without it becoming an uncomfortable position for the hand. I could delete the C then, but I think I hear that one more (or just like the sound more) than the Bb.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 02, 2023, 02:04:23 PM• m48 RH beat 4 I think Db is would fit better on the bottom here, and I hear it more prominently than another C. Same at m59.
I think I had that originally too, but I wanted to have the melody line doubled in the octave as much as possible so it stands out more.

Fixed the other two things though!

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on June 29, 2023, 09:11:27 PMEdit: The only thing of note I have is that the LH for
sounds more like this to me. This is based upon relistening to the song now; this isn't actually how I had it written in my arrangement, either.
I still hear the G in m62 on beat 3, you might be confusing it for the bass drum on beat 2.5. I do hear the high D in m63 though, very missable but it's there. Thanks for checking!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on July 12, 2023, 01:56:23 AMI hear it too yeah, but it's hard to fit it in the chord without it becoming an uncomfortable position for the hand. I could delete the C then, but I think I hear that one more (or just like the sound more) than the Bb.
QuoteI think I had that originally too, but I wanted to have the melody line doubled in the octave as much as possible so it stands out more.

Makes sense for both, I've got nothing else here. Approving

Latios212

my goodness this is a lot of notes

Sorry for the wait! Just a few things to mention!
- m. 2 and 3: would it make more sense to indicate pedal down on beat 1 instead of beat 2, if you want the top octave melody to be sustained over the beat 2 chords?
- Considered writing in the lower layer G in m. 33 beat 1 or think it'd be too much work leading into the run without much payoff?
- m. 36 beat 4 - include the D in the LH like in m. 28?
- m. 48/59 beat 4 - this chord could use a bit more punch. Perhaps add an F in the chord and consider changing the bottom not to Db? (understandable if you want to keep it C because it's mostly octaves here)
- The empty measures in m. 66-67 aren't evenly spaced
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on September 05, 2023, 04:01:44 PMmy goodness this is a lot of notes
yes

Quote from: Latios212 on September 05, 2023, 04:01:44 PM- Considered writing in the lower layer G in m. 33 beat 1 or think it'd be too much work leading into the run without much payoff?
I actually didn't hear that low G at first, but adding it does make the right hand stretch a bit trying to get the A with the index finger

Quote from: Latios212 on September 05, 2023, 04:01:44 PM- m. 48/59 beat 4 - this chord could use a bit more punch. Perhaps add an F in the chord and consider changing the bottom not to Db? (understandable if you want to keep it C because it's mostly octaves here)
I'd rather keep the low C yeah, I had the low Db at first but I felt it accentuates the Db more than the C (also because it's doubled in the bass). I like adding the F though!

Fixed the other things too!

Latios212

Neato, sounds good! Just one last thing, stuff in m. 65 is colliding now that stuff has been respaced in that system. Good to go after that!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

The Musical Poet

I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.