News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Notepad 2009

Started by random_goldfish, September 04, 2008, 04:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

random_goldfish

So...has anyone else heard the news? You have to pay 10 bucks for the download and they're eliminating all previous versions...please, I welcome you're opinions...I'm personally ticked off a little...$10 isn't bad but it defeats what Notepad stood for...free download, haha.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

blah54

are you serious?? that's terrible, i guess too many were downloading notepad and not buying the actual product maybe...

in any case... i guess i'll have to go the torrent way again eventually...

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

KefkaticFanatic

I guess now is the time to start looking into the Finale Reader thing I showed you all before ::)

me irl
[close]

Nintendude73

Yeah, Notepad 2009 will have new features, but will also cost $10.  Finale Reader will be provided for free download, but all you can do with it is view, listen to, and print sheets.  I think it's a really lame thing for them to do.  A lot of people will probably just end up torrenting the new Notepad anyway...

PianoMan

WHAT THE CRAP!!! When I'm already stretched on finances, there appeares a new $10 NotePad fee. Why would they do this?

blah54

Quote from: Nintendude73 on September 05, 2008, 03:33:00 AMA lot of people will probably just end up torrenting the new Notepad anyway...

torrent the full version lol, screw notepad if you have to pay for it...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Composer #40

Quote from: PianoMan on September 05, 2008, 01:34:21 PMWHAT THE CRAP!!! When I'm already stretched on finances, there appeares a new $10 NotePad fee. Why would they do this?

It's a monopoly, they just found a way to suck money from us yet again. Let's all give them the finger (i. e. viruses).

It happens Every. Day!

random_goldfish

Haha...Fianle probably caught on to the fact that everyone illegally downloads their software...and adding a fee is going to do what exactly? More illegal downloads?

Finale has realized that they make a good product that people will be willing to pay a fee for...I don't know...if they're going to make me pay a fee...they better let me use more then 8 effing staffs.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

MasterPenguin

Time to make a mediafire installer of each version...

random_goldfish

I agree...giving 2009 a fee is one thing but making any previous version unavailable is another.

Jamaha

Thanks for ruining mah site, Finale.

musicguy360

This really sucks.  >:( Cmon finale, what do u think youre gonna do??  The only way that this will be ok is if finale 2008 will be able to read later finale files.  (which it wont).  If theyre charging money, the program better be an improvement!

You can still download 2001-8 on the site though.

random_goldfish

For the time being you can download them...as soon as they issue 2009 in a few weeks they're going to take them down.

PseudoMario16

wait, im confused- if theres no more finale notepad 2001-2008, what will happen to all the site???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

random_goldfish

They're also releasing a free programme called Finale Reader. It can open any file but you can only play and save...no edit.