Notepad 2009

Started by random_goldfish, September 04, 2008, 04:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

The Notepad versions always stay the same. Its printmusic, allegro, or Finale Full that you want.

Here's the order of the different versions.

Notepad
Printmusic
Allegro
Finale Full

(I didn't include songwriter because it's just a usless version)

I'm not entirely sure how many staves you can use as you go up, but I know for a fact that you get to use more.

dahans

But Finale Full costs so much! Who can afford this? I don't.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Brassman388

That's why you get a torrent of it somewhere, that' how I got mine.

pumpy_heart

Finale/Sibelius should not be judged upon how they sound. They are sheeting writing programs, not MIDI programs.
If you want, go buy a set of MIDIs.
I used Sibelius at school the past year for AP Music Theory. And I have to say, it should be implemented onto the site.
It is much easier to write/compose/arrange with than Finale. Its interface and shortcuts are much preferable to finally. Very easy to use.
At least allow the option for .sib to be uploaded (when that comes back..)
To solve other concerns, it's only 10 bucks for the new Finale. If you don't wish to spend such a low cost for a genuine product, then maybe arranging isn't the best thing for you...

Tranzlater

Sibelius sounds rubbish, but it is good- but finale is simple to learn. And if you have full then it sounds fab.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Brassman388

Very easy to learn. I'm still trying to learn sibelius.

pumpy_heart

Again...judging on sound quality shouldn't be used...Both programs can input better Midis.
Meh. Sibelius is much quicker when you learn it..which takes approximately as long to learn the keyboard shortcuts on Finale.
It's personal choice, which is another reason why both should be offered.

random_goldfish

I don't really like Sibileus...just don't. I'm just love using Finale because it's the only thing I've used and I KNOW it.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Brassman388

Welcome back Rangold.

Same here.

random_goldfish

Quote from: Brassman388 on June 03, 2009, 06:43:58 PMWelcome back Rangold.

Same here.

Hahaha, Rangold returns! Too band I can't do any Finale gearing goodness until my computer is fixed. >(
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Brassman388

Lame, what happened to yer computer box?

Sir Awesomesauce

Quote from: pumpy_heart on May 23, 2009, 11:50:43 AMIt's personal choice, which is another reason why both should be offered.

But one costs money and one you can get free! D:
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

random_goldfish

Quote from: Brassman388 on June 05, 2009, 08:51:02 PMLame, what happened to yer computer box?

The moniter doesn't work on my laptop...you know how lame it is to hear windows load but not see it? ....GAH! The computer actually works...but I can't see anything, hahaha.

Brassman388

Yeah, that does sound lame. I wish you luck on finding a new moniter.

random_goldfish

I just need to send it into Dell...it's still under warranty...I'm just THAT lazy.