News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[NES] Mega Man 2 - "Bubble Man Stage" (Replacement) by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, May 29, 2023, 12:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 2
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Bubble Man Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

New sheet title should be, "Bubble Man Stage".

Before I restarted my abandoned replacement for this sheet, I found a YouTube video of a pianist playing the parts in their original octaves, but I decided that I don't expect everyone to get their fingers tied in knots just to perform this piece; I've shifted parts up and down the octave where I saw fit. I would hate to have to simplify the LH part, but if it comes down to it then I will.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

This looks good! I think the decisions you made with the octaves are the right call (I did some messing with the sheet but didn't find anything I preferred).
I do still have a few things I'd like to point out:
  • For m3, you could move the A at beat 4.5 to the LH; it's a little easier than the jump but it does make m4 LH more awkward
  • I'm not sure how playable the repeat is for the LH, with the 16ths and then dropping down to the Eb. Maybe you could put said Eb in parentheses, or move it up an octave?
    Alternatively you could write the not-16ths part for this section and m24-25, it has a nice build-up effect, but I'll assume that isn't your preferred option.

LeviR.star

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 30, 2023, 02:30:39 AM
  • For m3, you could move the A at beat 4.5 to the LH; it's a little easier than the jump but it does make m4 LH more awkward
  • I'm not sure how playable the repeat is for the LH, with the 16ths and then dropping down to the Eb. Maybe you could put said Eb in parentheses, or move it up an octave?
  • Alternatively you could write the not-16ths part for this section and m24-25, it has a nice build-up effect, but I'll assume that isn't your preferred option.

- I think that's the right call. How about I do a cross-stave beam to transfer responsibility of the note to the left hand?
- Sure, I can do that, but I hope it's obvious enough that the parentheses are for after the repeat, not the second ending
- No thank you, I'd like to include the 16ths; I'm sure one of the two options from your second bullet point will be fine

Files are updated. Thank you for the feedback, Xiao.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 30, 2023, 07:30:47 PMHow about I do a cross-stave beam to transfer responsibility of the note to the left hand?
Yup, that works! I went for a slightly different look, to preserve the slur:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 30, 2023, 07:30:47 PM- Sure, I can do that, but I hope it's obvious enough that the parentheses are for after the repeat, not the second ending
Bloop's sheet from last submission cycle did this:
Spoiler
[close]

If that's too much text for you we can work out another solution

LeviR.star

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 30, 2023, 09:58:07 PMYup, that works! I went for a slightly different look, to preserve the slur:
Spoiler
[close]
Bloop's sheet from last submission cycle did this:
Spoiler
[close]

If that's too much text for you we can work out another solution

It's not super important to me that we keep the slur in m. 3 or specify what the parentheses m. 6 are for. Compromising the shape of the cross-stave beam just to keep the slur doesn't seem all that necessary to me, and the specification for m. 6 is a bit on the wordy side.

XiaoMigros

That's fair, I'm fine with both of those choices. I approve

Latios212

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 30, 2023, 09:58:07 PMYup, that works! I went for a slightly different look, to preserve the slur:
Spoiler
[close]
Slur aside, I actually think that it actually looks better like this anyway. It makes it clear that the melody voice is just dipping down briefly. The cross-staff pair of eighths right now is a bit ambiguous as to where it belongs. Not a huge deal either way, but that's my two cents.

Everything else looks good! :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on June 24, 2023, 02:28:32 PMSlur aside, I actually think that it actually looks better like this anyway. It makes it clear that the melody voice is just dipping down briefly. The cross-staff pair of eighths right now is a bit ambiguous as to where it belongs. Not a huge deal either way, but that's my two cents.

Okay then, I will change it to look like that and remove the slur. I'll also shift the parentheses to the bass note, because I'd like the melody to be prioritized.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 24, 2023, 02:28:32 PMEverything else looks good! :)

Great! Glad we could move this submission along quickly. The files are updated.

By the way, don't forget to change the title to "Bubble Man Stage"!

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 25, 2023, 12:25:47 PMBy the way, don't forget to change the title to "Bubble Man Stage"!
Yup, already got it last time :) the reply titles aren't up to date since we keep quoting each other, but the topic's up to date.

We are good to go!

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot