News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

SPORE

Started by Nakah, September 06, 2008, 10:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

http://pc.ign.com/objects/735/735340.html

Finally the long awaited game is here. I seems as though it's not the exact same that everyone expected back when the video first came out. If anyone buys it within the next few days, what did you think of it?

acropol

I've heard somewhere you could only install the game 3 times, is that true?

and i kinda lost interest in that game.. it took so long to come out lol... it was my most wanted game for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time lol

KefkaticFanatic

They fucking ruined it.  It became casual.  Damn them all.

me irl
[close]

Brian

Quote from: acropol on September 06, 2008, 11:06:53 PMI've heard somewhere you could only install the game 3 times, is that true?

and i kinda lost interest in that game.. it took so long to come out lol... it was my most wanted game for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time lol

"Securom" installs itself without the user knowing. You can only install up to 3 times. Securom are also found on Bioshock, Mass Effect, and the Sims as well. EA is treating their customers like criminals, punishing legitimate gamers and promoting pirating since frustrated customers will head down that road eventually from a game that stopped working after 3 installs. It's confirmed that it's in Spore. The rules regarding Securom may change in the future, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will stop pirating.

acropol

well yeah.... atleast if I download it illegally I can install it as many times as I want lol

Harvest

I am extremely disgusting, appalled, and disappointed with what they have done with Spore.

I am currently downloading a torrent of it, which currently has about 100 thousand peers (take that you fuckers).  If its good I might buy it, but by the looks of the reviews it looks like I will hate it.

Three years of waiting, for what?  A watered down piece of shit.  Everything they promised was a lie.

Procedural animation, it isn't.  Everything animates like shit.  Anything that looks good, doesn't move good.  Parts stick to other parts, its disgusting.

No blood, cartoony graphics, dumbed down gameplay.  Not fun. 

Though of course I haven't played it so hopefully...hopefully...it is still good but on the gamespot forums everyone was pissed and they said it is not worth the money.
-

KefkaticFanatic

So I got the game and it's lots of fun for me at least.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500026388276

Got to the tribe stage :D

me irl
[close]

Nakah

I might by it still just to experience what I was in awe by 3 years ago.

musicguy49

I bought it today. It's pretty fun to see your creature evolving and interacting. It's not the best game ever, but it's definitely entertaining!

acropol

I've heard it was pretty short to get to the space part..

which is kinda disappointing, I had hoped it was a long game.. I mean, evolution takes time lol

Brian

Don't buy the game. You can only install it 3 times and once you've used it up, it's over (or buy another copy). Don't support EA, all they want is money where customers aren't valued. I'll feel sorry for anyone who bought it.

Harvest

!_!

This game is amazing!!  I'm addicted, each stage has been amazing.  I'm in civ right now and its so great and challenging.

I'm going to buy it.  Right now I'm using a pirated copy.
-

KefkaticFanatic

Brian: moron, read what people have said and you'll learn you have to call them up every time you want to install again.  Although that is a ridiculous gesture, it's far better than the disc being useless.

me irl
[close]

Nakah

Which are the stages in order from beginning?

DBJack

Quote from: Harvest on September 10, 2008, 08:11:38 PMThis game is amazing!!  I'm addicted, each stage has been amazing.  I'm in civ right now and its so great and challenging.

How did it change your mind? You were very outspoken before, and now I'm curious. What do you like? What do you hate?

IGN's review gave it an 8.8. I really didn't see many good points given to it, just mild complaints. And I really can't find out from anyone playing it specifically why it is a great game.

You're doing it wrong! Failure!