News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Your PC Specs.

Started by Harvest, March 02, 2008, 08:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on March 03, 2008, 01:00:04 AMYeah but he said he spent $2000 on it, there's no way it could have cost him that much if he wanted it cheap and good.

What are you even talking about?  I saved about $500 on sales.  It would have cost at least 2500 if there wasn't a mega sale going on.  My friend who got almost the same computer as my spent about 2800 because it was an Alienware.  Sure it look a little better (though mine is still awesome (LEDS!)) but it cost 800 more.
-

Dekudude

Pentium M Processor
1GB RAM
40GB HDD
Windows XP

And I bet it could beat all of yours in a thumb wrestling match. :D

vgmfreak

Which is a better option.

Build your own PC from scrap and get no services, and if there's driver problems, then you have to deal with it yourself.

Or

Buy it from a computer company (Dell, HP, Compaq, Alienware, Mac, etc) either used or refurbished (or new if you want) and get support in case anything happens?

Mike

Get a Mac or if you really want Windows, may God have mercy on your soul, build your own PC. Buying from a computer company you pay at least a few hundred just for the company name and as for the service, you're still better off calling someone you know to help you or bring it to a computer store to get it checked. The company services all suck. They get ignorant people to answer phones and just tell people to format when they have a problem. Like Dell, I think they've pretty much been given an award for the worst service ever.

As for driver problems, you don't need anyone for that. Lets say the driver for your video card is acting up. All you need to do is go to the company website, download the driver, install and reboot. You don't need to wait 30 minutes on a phone for some ignorant Indian guy to help you, who in the end will probably tell you to format because that's pretty much the only thing they can do.

Harvest

Quote from: vgmfreak on March 06, 2008, 01:04:55 PMWhich is a better option.

Build your own PC from scrap and get no services, and if there's driver problems, then you have to deal with it yourself.

Or

Buy it from a computer company (Dell, HP, Compaq, Alienware, Mac, etc) either used or refurbished (or new if you want) and get support in case anything happens?

Uh, if there is a problem with an individual part then I can just phone the company.  They all have lifetime (limited) warranties.
-

KefkaticFanatic

My computer isn't really a gaming computer, as I only use it for a few low end games.  I'll get a much more upgraded one when my Dad passes down his old computer after he upgrades though.

me irl
[close]

MasterPenguin

Operating System: Vista Home Prem
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU @ 1.66GHz (2 CPU's), ~1.7GHz
Ram: 2046MB <-- Getting more soon
Video: Nvidia GeForce 8700
Hard Drive: 250gb
Speaker: Speakers (Realtek High Def)

Link Freak

My future PC spec's ;)

Case:               Antec 900 nVidia Edition

Power Supply:   Corsair TX750W PSU

Motherboard:    Asus Maximus Formula x38

Ram:               2x1gb ddr2-800 OCZ Reaper high performance cas latency 3

Processor:        Intel e8400 (3ghz stock overclocked to 4.05ghz)

CPU Fan:          Zalman 9700nt

Video Card:       8800 gts 512mb (newer g92 versions) or a future 9800 gts of some sort

Hard drive:        single 150gb seagate

Optical drive:    Samsung 2H03b

Green = Purchased already
yellow = in process of purchasing
black = not purchased

David Hauffe

Here is a good analogy for my computer.
Picture a car with only a seat and a steering wheel, nothing else.
That is my computer.

if you want me to get specific:

Windows XP (GOD KNOWS WHY, THIS COMPUTER WAS BUILT FOR WIN 98 WTF!?)
Crappy Monitor (I think it is 14 x 16)
7GB Hard Drive (Half of it was used for the OS)
Sound Card = None
Graphics Card = FAIL. (it cannot run Halo One, WTF)
510mb RAM
Processor = FAIL (Intel Premium III 660Mhz)

The Most advanced part of my computer is the USB laser mouse I bought because ball mouses suck.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Uhm, you could spend like $2 and get a better computer than you have on ebay...GET A MAC.

noxus21

i dont know what my comp exactly is but it is rubbish that is sure

Meotos

Here's the specifications straight from my computer.
Quote from: My ComputerWindows Vista (TM) Home Premium System  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
  Model: HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC 
  Total amount of system memory: 960.00 MB RAM
  System type: 32-bit operating system
  Number of processor cores: 2
  64-bit capable: Yes

Storage   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Total size of hard disk(s): 149 GB
  Disk partition (C:):96 GB Free (141 GB Total)
  Disk partition (D:): 2 GB Free (8 GB Total)
  Media drive (E:): CD/DVD

Graphics  
  Display adapter type: NVIDIA MCP67M
  Total available graphics memory: 287 MB
        Dedicated graphics memory: 64 MB
        Dedicated system memory: 0 MB
        Shared system memory: 223 MB
  Display adapter driver version: 7.15.11.147
  Primary monitor resolution: 1280x800
  DirectX version: DirectX 9.0 or better

Super Zombie

HP Media Center PC m7780n
E6400 Intel Core 2 Duo Viiv
2GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 7600 GT
LightScribe DVD Burner
HD DVD reader (It came with it and I knew I'd never use it.)
Built in memory card readers
Altec Lansing speakers with subwoofer
Ideazon Gaming Mouse
Ideazon Merc Keyboard (best gaming keyboard ever)