News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Avengers: Endgame

Started by mikey, April 26, 2019, 01:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

How has nobody made this thread?  I just saw it and seeing it once was inconclusive.  I need to watch it again to make sure.
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Am I allowed to talk about spoilers here?

mikey

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 26, 2019, 07:17:14 AMAm I allowed to talk about spoilers here?
I say yes
but remember to use a spoiler tag because some people will see it in "view recent posts"
Spoiler
The thing I am the most concerned about is that loki disappeared with the space stone without any apparent repercussions... will this be resolved in the future?
[close]
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Spoiler
There are a lot of problems with continuity in this movie simply because time travel was used, but I'm willing to pardon it considering it's the end of that era.
[close]

mikey

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 26, 2019, 12:00:17 PM
Spoiler
There are a lot of problems with continuity in this movie simply because time travel was used, but I'm willing to pardon it considering it's the end of that era.
[close]
Spoiler
Yeah I agree that I'm always nervous when time travel gets involved and it was probably one of my least favorite parts of the movie.  I think it was a better solution than days of future past, where they actually altered the future.  Here they simply bring back the infinity stones and use it to bring everyone back that way.

My understanding of the situation was that the infinity stones exist outside normal spacetime, that is, you can bring the stones between times and it won't have an effect on the timeline.  If they defaulted to killing baby hitler I don't think I would have liked it nearly as much.  The way it was presented, I could really believe that all of these things actually happened off-screen in the previous movies.  That just means that it "works" for me.  I still didn't like time travel getting involved because as soon as you do that you can just time travel/infinity stone/captain marvel all your problems away.  Speaking of captain marvel, they did a good job of addressing her and why she wasn't just constantly fighting thanos.  But I'm really concerned as to how Marvel can procure legitimate threats after this.  It really is the endgame.
[close]
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Quote from: mikey on April 26, 2019, 12:48:35 PM
Spoiler
Yeah I agree that I'm always nervous when time travel gets involved and it was probably one of my least favorite parts of the movie.  I think it was a better solution than days of future past, where they actually altered the future.  Here they simply bring back the infinity stones and use it to bring everyone back that way.

My understanding of the situation was that the infinity stones exist outside normal spacetime, that is, you can bring the stones between times and it won't have an effect on the timeline.  If they defaulted to killing baby hitler I don't think I would have liked it nearly as much.  The way it was presented, I could really believe that all of these things actually happened off-screen in the previous movies.  That just means that it "works" for me.  I still didn't like time travel getting involved because as soon as you do that you can just time travel/infinity stone/captain marvel all your problems away.  Speaking of captain marvel, they did a good job of addressing her and why she wasn't just constantly fighting thanos.  But I'm really concerned as to how Marvel can procure legitimate threats after this.  It really is the endgame.
[close]
Spoiler
Yeah, they have everything they need to not struggle with anything ever. I feel like they're just gonna use Captain Marvel to show up randomly during a big fight during a pinch, I'd like to see her have a second movie where she actually struggles and becomes stronger after it. The fact that her super power is literally starman from mario is kinda cheap.
[close]

MaestroUGC

Spoiler
Captain Marvel will have many of the same problems that most Superman-like characters will have, in that they'll either need to face ever increasing dangers or the conflict will have but not be in the fight but rather in the ideologies and viewpoints.

On topic I saw the movie opening night and have many thoughts but will refrain from sharing until more time passes and more people have a chance to see the movie.
[close]
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Spoiler
I think they did a good job of justifying why she wasn't constantly there in the movie which made it a lot more palatable to me
[close]
unmotivated

FireArrow

Spoiler
Late but they explain the time travel by running away with the multiverse theory. They're alternate timelines/universes so they're not traveling back to their past selves, they're traveling to their current self in another universe that's at a different point in time. It's an easy way to work around plot holes in a time travel plot.

Which means if thanos didn't destroy the stones that universe would have two pairs of stones which godknows what that would of meant. Fighting thanos from another timeline before he had any stones was a lame ending imo -- of course our heroes are going to completely slaughter them
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

cashwarrior1

Spoiler
but it was really epic and fan service lol
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Spoiler
Yeah, and besides, they had to fight his whole army too.
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber