Whats the most annoying game you ever played?

Started by mantis985, December 28, 2008, 02:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

It was fun for like, three days. And I've never been able to play runescape more than one week out of the year because it get really old. Right now I'm currently playing Tales of Pirates which is suprisingly good. Probably the best 3-D f2p I've played yet. Rapelz is supposed to be really good for an f2p as well. But it would take up a crap ton of space on my computer and probably wouldnt even run on mine cuz mine's so bad.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Tranzlater

Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Sir Awesomesauce

Quote from: Tranzlater on April 19, 2009, 07:59:07 AM
Quote from: Sir Awesomesauce on April 18, 2009, 09:55:35 PMI don't think any game has frustrated me as much as Mario Kart Wii. Comeback AI is one of the few things that makes me want to punch inanimate objects.

You mean like when the same characters get the same places in each race e.g. Luigi always comes fifth?

No, I mean how, even if you were to race in world record time on a track, the computers would always manage to catch you, through blue shells, bullet bills, red shells or otherwise.
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

Cobraroll

^Turn off items once, and get ahead of the field. Drive as usual, you should win by about 30-50 seconds. That shows how good the AI really is without those items.

Another annoying game: James Bond NightFire. Okay, I admit it's awesome at times, that is, until you discover that the AI bots are capable of:

- Unlimited ammo, they can reload ad infinitum if they got a weapon (you get Golden Gun with 2 bullets, while they can keep firing forever)
 - Zero time elapse in weapon switch, they can change from Bazooka to Sniper rifle in the blink of an eye. Also, they don't have to scroll through the entire weapon list to find the preferred weapon.
 - Turn around about 50 times faster than you, going from running away with only a gun, to pick up, reload, turn around and fire in literally no time. That will take a human character about five seconds to do.
 - Sneak around tripmines; a friend and I filled a place with explosives once, there were only two ways in. Still, they shoved up in the room we were hiding in. We killed them, went back to the mined area, and saw that no bombs had gone off.
 - And they always follow the same preset path from destination A to B, making the game really predictable if you have few bots.

The game is also a bit annoying in the fact that the largest, most open and generally most awesome stage is locked for AI bots. Only one person can play as Bond, who is the only male MI6 player, and you can't set MI6 players against each other, so only one person on the "good" team can play in free-for-all matches.

Can still be fun, though. Machine gun shootouts (less than three)!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Tranzlater

I still haven't found the item turn-off feature.
But yes. Items are bloody annoying.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

For me, it was Mario vs. Donkey Kong. There was one level that I could never beat. I know that it's possible to do, but it never seemed worth it to go online, figure out how to beat the puzzle, and then actually beat it. I hate that game with a passion.

SuperFireKirby

The game MasterPenguin made had a very frustrating last level.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Magus Darkwind

hmm, I'd say...in some ways FE Rekka no Ken?/Blazing Sword? I don't know which is which, because it auto-saves and all that, and you know you get to the end of this really long Chapter and, you make a mistake, and a character dies, (bleepidy bleep bleep bleep)
Necrophobe: "Enough of this! DIE!!!"
*casts flare*
Gilgamesh: "I believe that's MY line!!!"
*Self-destruct* They both die

SuperFireKirby

PseudoMario16

Jak and Daxter 1. There are no guns!!!!
Or maybe Sly Cooper 1 just because there's like a thousand freaken clues to find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

SuperFireKirby

I don't know about you, but after I beat the main game I decided to focus on finding clues and found most of them with ease. The annoying part of that game are the Master Theif Sprints.

But right now I'm playing first Dark Cloud which is amazingly annoying. If you let your weapon'shealth bar which goes down from usage but if you let it run out your weapon which smetimes you may have worked on it the entire game will dissapear for ever. This happened to me yeasterday so I turned off the PS2 and I have my weapon back but I lost probably 4 hours of progress in the game.

Sir Awesomesauce

Charmander is confused.
It hurt itself in its confusion!
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

mantis985

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 15, 2009, 01:53:29 PMBut right now I'm playing first Dark Cloud which is amazingly annoying. If you let your weapon'shealth bar which goes down from usage but if you let it run out your weapon which smetimes you may have worked on it the entire game will dissapear for ever. This happened to me yeasterday so I turned off the PS2 and I have my weapon back but I lost probably 4 hours of progress in the game.

Yeah, I hate that about the game.  I'm glad they changed it in the second one. 

I just played Star Fox 64 for the first time a few days ago.  Peppy and Slippy are very annoying.  DO A BARREL ROLL!!!! TRY A U-TURN!!!! FOX!!!! HELP!!!!

ALPRAS

*THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Also Turok (X360) have annoying moments in the game...
1st, the game have irregular checkpoints. There are some parts where the checkpoints are ok. And theres anothers parts the almost dont have checkpoints, and normally in hard parts, full of bad guys. Result? You die,die,die a lot, and you have to start that part all over again. I lost the count about how many hours have I wasted....
And the Final battle with the T-Rex are also very annoying, because of a stupid bug. Sometimes, the T-Rex tries to hit you, and, even if you barely scape, you die.... Even if you are about 5 meters of his mouth.
But its still a great game

Jamaha

I have to say Nethack.

Game going so well....enter a room, oh crap a yellow light. It explodes, oh crap I'm blind! No worries, I'll just wait for me to regain my vision...Argh, attacked by a horde of monsters! HP falling, can't pray since I already prayed in the last level and my god will get angry. I'll just Scroll of Teleportation away, agh can't, I'm blind. AAAARGH

----------
                      /          \
                     /    REST    \
                    /      IN      \
                   /     PEACE      \
                  /                  \
                  |    jarimatti     |
                  |      53 Au       |
                  |    killed by     |
                  |   a giant ant    |
                  |                  |
                  |                  |