News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

MP3 files

Started by Nana1Popo2, January 07, 2009, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Wait, I found some alternatives... unfortunately they're also quite expensive and the quality is terrible, so it's probably not what you're searching for...*click* *clack*
I just tried the shareware versions and I guess they use the same way of converting mp3 to midi as the fullversion... You can try them, but they even turned simple melodies to gibberish.
Well, I just wanted to tell you that there are more of those programs than one, though it seems that they're all very... unuseful.
So I think using your ears and some patience is still the best way to turn music into notes, though it can be challenging. But hey, I think that's why the sheet music on this site is so special! :D

Nana1Popo2

hmm, i see wat u mean... -_- lol
thanx, anyway! ^_^
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Merlin

GreekGeek

I think it is in fact possible to do so, because only the frequency of a note makes it the note it is. You can change each soundwave you have into a sinus (called Fouriersynthesis) and a certain frequency at a certain amplitude determines which note it is. You can for example decipher that the note has a frequency of 523 Hz, which means it's a c. But as you can see from the description, it is already quite hard to explain, so it's ump times harder to do so ::).

But I totally agree with Merlin, if you could decode all music into notes, than this site wouldn't exist and I wouldn't have something fun to do in my spare time :'( 

Nana1Popo2

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16