News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Saddest Gaming Moments

Started by The-Real-Link, January 08, 2009, 07:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oni-Link

Oh my God, I can't believe no one posted the Death of Eli Vance in Half-Life 2: Episode Two. T_T

kotorfanboy

GAH, this topic is full of spoilers!
* kotorfanboy cries

WARN FIRST

Crepe Knight

^Yeah I think that should be assumed :p

QuoteWhen Ike found out how his mom died in Fire Emblem: Path of Radience...the artwork and music that went along with it just added to the saddest.....excellent artwork!!

This definitly tugs the heart strings... also in Fire Emblem; Blazing Sword, when Eliwood mistakenly kills Ninian.
First I was like, "lol", then I was all, "wut".

KefkaticFanatic

Oni: I probably forgot to.  But yea, is the most sad :(

me irl
[close]

gremhiilzoone

Lots of moments. I'll say my most recent:

When you need to decide kill Playboy or Dwayne in GTA IV. I chose Playboy :P
Wii number:

3698-2928-7026-1383

Tranzlater

Smiles and tears during the credits in EB.
*Sniff*
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

shane91c

It's been a long time since anything in a video game made me sad, but I can remember from childhood something in Final Fantasy V made me sad. I've totally forgotten what it was though :D

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

Cobraroll

For me... well, I haven't played many games with good stories. Still, if I have to choose, it would be in Wind Waker, where SPOILER!!
You have to take Medli, the bird-girl from Dragon Roost Island, guide her through the deepest, creepiest, saddest temple in the game, where she'll live the rest of her life in prayer for Hyrule, eventually drowning when the ocean collapses onto the land.
The one who had a successful dragon taming/music career lying in front of her, born and raised to soar the skies with her own wings, is possessed by an ancient spirit, following which a stranger in green takes her to a faraway island, massacres his way through the place, and puts her in a featureless room deep under the ground/ocean, where she is to spend the rest of her life doing practically nothing.

The end of the game is quite sad too, where the magical land of Hyrule is drowned once and for all, its history going ad undas (literally "in the waves").
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

ALPRAS

Quote from: gremhiilzoone on February 12, 2009, 10:18:57 AMLots of moments. I'll say my most recent:

When you need to decide kill Playboy or Dwayne in GTA IV. I chose Playboy :P

Ive choosed Dwayne :P His pessimism was putting me upset  :P :P

Roz~

I saw some people talking about FFX, when you learn that yuna has to die... but what about the ending? It made me real sad honestly, never thought it would end like that (well at least until you learn it~) Hopefully, there was FFX-2.  :P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

marvolo_gaunt

I found the ending of FFX incredibly sad, but i agree with those people who also talked about Yuna possibly dying. That game made me really sad for a fairly long time, partic, while I was playing it, just cos it was so bittersweet. (I'm such a sook). But that really is a fantastic game. I love it to death.

Chrono Trigger, while technically not sad, has such a haunting nostalgia to it (thanks to the music) that it also has a wonderful bittersweet and yes, very saddening but beautifully so effect. Also love it.

KefkaticFanatic

None of this can beat the end of Episode 2.  :|  I even played it again two days ago.

me irl
[close]

ALPRAS

HL: Ep.2 had a really sad end...  All of the episode was amazing. It looks like a movie.
Its on of my favorite games ever..

Tranzlater

Come to think of it, the final boss fight in Mother 3 was really sad...
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

random_goldfish

The end of any Earthbound game is sad because there is no more Earthbound.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^