News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

New Mod.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 16, 2009, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

I think we need to elect a fourth Moderator. We only seem to update the sheets like once every five months, and two of our three Mods are rarely on. So, here's what I propose. I think we should hold nominations for a certain period of time. After that, we take all the nominees and have everybody vote to pick to the mod. What do you think?

ALPRAS

I can be a moderator :)
Im here since March 2008 and I understand most of the submission rules and other lots of things.
Also, I cant spend about 2 hours a day here, and I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday completely free  :D
 I always wanted to be a mod :)

Nakah

As far as I know, I'm pretty much the only one who makes an appearance anymore. I agree that we need more mods, but whether JaMaHa is actually looking to find more I can not say. I would suggest bringing it up to him.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Nakah on January 16, 2009, 04:15:22 PMAs far as I know, I'm pretty much the only one who makes an appearance anymore. I agree that we need more mods, but whether JaMaHa is actually looking to find more I can not say. I would suggest bringing it up to him.
Every time I PM JaMaHa he never replies, and I don't go on chat. I had asked JaMaHa to make a new board, and he said he was going to do it, but then the site messed up, and I can't seem to get a hold of him now. I'd gladly volunteer to be a mod. I've been here what? almost 3 years? I get on pretty much every day. I'm suggesting at LEAST one new mod. we could benefit from two. (Maybe a new Global Mod, and a new lesser mod?)

Jamaha

We don't have a sheet updating system available at the moment.

Even if we gave all the members in the forum mod permissions, it wouldn't help a damn.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: JaMaHa on January 17, 2009, 12:34:50 AMWe don't have a sheet updating system available at the moment.

Even if we gave all the members in the forum mod permissions, it wouldn't help a damn.
See, I didn't know if you had fixed everything or not. What problems are we still having?

blah54

i'd say one new mod at maximum if any... this site needs to return to having more members frequent here, ever since the loss of the server that's been a big problem, there's frankly no need for a mod, the forums are kinda empty at the moment...

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

KefkaticFanatic

Deku decided that the sheet updating system wouldn't work.

So he made one for ApolloMix.

:P

me irl
[close]

GreekGeek

Well I guess it really is very important to fix that upload thing, because I think a lot of people will stop arranging if they already know that this upload thing will not be fixed. I know I do. That's the main reason why I compose for this site.

ALPRAS

Well, to be honest, I dont care if my arrangements are submited or not because I only do this for fun and because I want to help the site.

mantis985

Yeah, I agree with ALPRAS.  This site motivates me to write/transcribe stuff.

GreekGeek

It's not that I do this solely for seeing my own name written in the database (although that would be kinda cool after all the stuff I've written and submitted for this site >:( ), but I want to help the site too and all those specific topics are too disorganized to find any good sheets. So, the database is a fantastic system and the first thing a visitor sees. That's why it's important.

The-Real-Link

Well, what will happen is, if we don't get it fixed than people will lose interest in this site and end up going to other places like sqauresound (Which I also arrange for) and ichigos (which stinks in my opinion!)

GreekGeek

Well I don't want to "slijmen" (which is a dutch word for something I can't translate, it means "to really praise something to get someone on your side or to get certain things done), but this really is the best site there is considering game music. It's very well organized, it has a LOT sheet music of all kinds and you can download really easy. Ichigos stinks indeed and Squaresound seems to only arrange Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts sheet music. Although I like the Zelda and Pokémon sheet music and I like to share this sheet music.

ALPRAS

I dont want to offend but in my opinion, Gamemusicworld is more organized that NSM. But I prefer a tons of time this site because the people here are so cool and its so "alive" that motivates me every day to return here and help the biggest game's musics site ever made! and its an honor to make part of it (not an important part, but still :P)