News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

New Mod.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 16, 2009, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blah54

a lot of sites spurred off of nsm as their owners started on nsm like evilsqueaky's site, gamemusicworld and even apollomix... sadly none of them seem to have a high amount of activity...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

MasterPenguin

No activity? GameMusicWorld seems to be doing fine, last I checked. (Then again, I don't check often.)

Dude

Yeah, GMW is doing fine/great.

Brassman388

So..back to electing a new mod...how do you go about in selecting a new mod, or even becoming a mod?

GreekGeek

I guess it has to be someone who has a lot of experience with videogame music, i.e. he can decide whether a sheet is good enough to be submitted or not. He has to be quite experienced with computer technics, so he can fix stuff  ::) And he has to have a loooot of spare time :D

KefkaticFanatic

You want to know why?  It's because at the present time the people running it are actually devoted to the website.  The people running this site actually have somewhat of a life.  Most of them.  JaMaHa just does WoW.

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

Quote from: GreekGeek on January 31, 2009, 11:32:11 PMI guess it has to be someone who has a lot of experience with videogame music, i.e. he can decide whether a sheet is good enough to be submitted or not. He has to be quite experienced with computer technics, so he can fix stuff  ::) And he has to have a loooot of spare time :D

Uhh.. I can do one of those things, but..i barely know anything about computers or even how to maintain a website.

mantis985

Quote from: GreekGeek on January 31, 2009, 11:32:11 PMI guess it has to be someone who has a lot of experience with videogame music, i.e. he can decide whether a sheet is good enough to be submitted or not. He has to be quite experienced with computer technics, so he can fix stuff  ::) And he has to have a loooot of spare time :D

I have a lot of spare time, but I dont know how the submission program works.

Brassman388

Same here, i just don't know how to use a comp very successfully. Other than that, I can arrange fairly well.

Cobraroll

For all I know, the site may need to be built from ground up again. The iconic domain name is taken by an advert site (must the guy who invented those have his fingernails cut off with an A4 sheet), the submission system has gone to bell, and member after member has left the forum.

Where exactly is the problem? Is it a bug blocking the submission system? Don't we have permission to host any more on the server? Are there issues with coding that the mods can't handle? Why is the database still working, after all you can still download, but with no possibilities of adding more? Remember, as long as we don't know anything, complaints will be made. You may work the lower end of your back off with this, or do nothing, we can nothing but assume, and as no visible changes are made, people will complain as the time goes.

It would be very appreciated with an explanation of this, as detailed as possible. A separate thread where the problems are listed, where members may see what's wrong, and perhaps find something useful to be of help?
NSM won't survive many more months the way it is today. The main page is basically saying "Hi, we have a problem. Until someone fixes it, no updates. Check the forum". And the forum is filled up with posts by unhappy members stating that it looks like nothing is or will be done. If we get a mod/admin that can fix the bug, that could be all we needed. The guy wouldn't have to stay a mod, he could fix it and get back to his usual space in the community. At least, let us know what the issue is, and why it doesn't seem like anything is going forward.

However, once we get back on track, the site can bloom again. After all, we have a thriving community, and a lot of excellent sheets ready to be submitted. Make the first update a big one, let there be known on the main page that we're back, and members may return by themselves. If we manage to recover, and give the impression of it too, NSM can soon be back to the wonderful site it once was.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Brassman388

where might we find someone that knows what to do about the whole site? I think that's the only problem, the submission thingy will be replaced sometime during febuary. The only thing is the site itself.

MasterPenguin

Jamaha knows the problem, and he will fix it. No need for calling in someone else, as far as I know.

Brassman388

Cool, so everything that I had planned then is within sight then, yeah?

ALPRAS

Like I said, I could be a mod. I have a lot of spare time, I know all the arrangements rules (piano only), I have a lot of pratise in  the arrangement area (ive made more than 100 arrangements), and Im here in NSM for almost 10 months...

GreekGeek

Well ALPRAS, I'm sure you'd make a great mod, but as long as one certain person (*cough*) doesn't fix the stupid thing, this site will bleed to death, I assure you. Ppl are getting annoyed by the fact there is no progress at all and if that isn't changed, nothing will help. But as it seems, JaMaHa seems to be more interested in WoW, but still it's his responsability.