Orchestrated Final Fantasy VII Music

Started by Brassman388, January 04, 2009, 06:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

I was wondering if anyone can help me locate any tunes that have been remade into orchestrations, from the FF VII series.
I'm not talking about the lame, self made orchestrations, but the ones that are acually played by an orchestra.
To look, Shiro Hamaguchi has a few, but not all of them, so if anybody could throw me a link or two..that would be great!
thanks!

The-Real-Link

You can buy the Video Games Live Orchestral Suite at   www.squaresound.com   I think it includes some final fantasy music, as well as Halo, Civilizations, and others. (squaresound also has the Kingdom Hearts Concert Band Suite)

As for Shiro Hamaguchi's arrangements (I'm a big fan of his versions.) I don't know where you can get them. They are the official arrangements that are played at all the concerts. (The Distant Worlds concert is touring right now.) Any other orchestra that performs Final Fantasy music probably either buys copies of the sheets from a special orchestral supplier, or has their Maestro or Maestra arrange them him/herself.

random_goldfish

I got to see Video Games Live last year...my head blew up, it was so awesome.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

The-Real-Link

Quote from: random_goldfish on January 07, 2009, 06:39:29 AMI got to see Video Games Live last year...my head blew up, it was so awesome.
Man...I ALMOST got to go, but, I don't remember exactly why I didn't get to....I think my dad was sick or something. ANDDD!!!!!! I ALMOST GOT VIP TICKETS TO THE DISTANT WORLDS CONCERT, WHERE I WOULD HAVE GONE BACKSTAGE AND MET MR. UEMATSU AND ARNIE ROTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........but I missed my deadline by one day.
Oh well, I'm going to get to go to an orchestral video games concert in March so...and they said there would be a couple of suprises ^__^

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

random_goldfish

I'm just personally just not the biggest FF VII fan either...haha...if fact I'm not huge into Final Fantasy at all. I've played a lot of them anyway.

But yeah...VGL rocked. I really ended up there on accident. My high school director had tickets and he's not exactly into video games so he gave them to me and I took some friends. Somehow in the theatre, even with all the cheering and shouting, a regular symphony goer decided to turn around and "shh" me...I was, "Beeotch! Pwn!"
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Brassman388

Nice, I'm very envious...i never got to go see any of these concerts at all

Just never had the opportunity.

Oh well.....