News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on April 09, 2013, 07:05:28 AMSure, it can be, but is it really a good show then? And I don't mean: "yeah, the story is great, but the animation is greater," I mean "the story sucks but the animation is good".
Can one say that the show in discussion, Aku no Hana, is bad just because one thinks the animation is bad, after watching the first episode? From what I've heard, the manga is great. Wouldn't an adaption be great as well, if they go with the same story? I don't think the manga was supported by its art (it is pretty fair, if you are picky) so the story must be good then?
Then the anime probably is good.

Everybody likes things for different reasons. Definitely! OST plays a big role for me too (but that is different in the way that you don't really listen to the OST before watching). I basically don't like when people let one reason play too big of a role.
Animation should be good! This is anime we're talking about, and to show of quality and to attract an audience, the animation is one of the main factors.

The Aku no Hana adaption probably is great, once it gets further into the story. But there are people who would immediately say "oh my god, what a terrible show, what are these narrow-eyed mongolids? I would rather go back to watching pink haired alien girls talking about how to eat a chocolate cornet".
I would have no trouble with people dismissing it for being boring, but that's not the point of that video, is it? And that's not why it is being reviewed for being bad - it is people's picky-ness about the animation.
I have seen reviews about it being good too! One guy praised it for adapting the manga well. This just proves that if ones mind is willing to accept the animation, regardless of how it is, and just enjoy the good show, nothing but positive things will come from it! Which means that letting the animation play the crucial role in a case where the animation is different (because the animation in Aku no Hana is just different anyways, not bad - actually pretty good) - anyways, deciding an anime is bad because of the animation is a bad thing.
It is basic "judging the book by its cover"-rules.

Not really. Everyone can like things for different reasons. It's not judging a book by its cover. It's paying attention to the things you love.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

GaryOak

I've recently watched all kinds of shizz, might as well list some of them here.

Hajime no Ippo - This is a boxing anime which got me seriously addicted. It has two season which have 101 episodes combined and I don't even dare to say how little time it took me to watch them. There's a good variety of characters and the matches are sometimes really unpredictable. Also one of the funniest series I've seen. I hope there will be a third season. I must also mention that the original manga started in 1989 and it's still ongoing.

Gintama - This series is really all over the place. It's basically a comedy but I guess there's some kind of story (not sure). I like how the characters are aware that they are in a TV show, that makes it often really funny. I've watched it about 50 episodes and already lost the count of all the references to other shows. There's been at least One Piece, Naruto, Saint Seiya, Detective Conan, Haruhi, Doraemon, Death Note, Hokuto no Ken as well as Star Wars, Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, Alien vs. Predator and the list could go on and on. The first season has 201 episodes but it's so funny that one can easily keep on watching.

Gankutsuou - This is based on The Count of Monte Cristo. I'm a big fan of the original story and was really skeptical of this series at first. But I'm gladly surprised, although the Count seems to be some kind of vampire the story seems to be really accurate to the original. The animation is also very artsy, I've never seen any anime like this.

Uchuu Kyoudai - I had to give this a try since people like Jompa said it's really good. And so it is since I got interested from the very first episode which never happens.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

It's so refreshing to watch a series which doesn't have teenagers as main characters. MAKES ME FEEL YOUNG
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

I would say I prefer shows with grown-ups as main characters -
The only anime I like with teenagers as the main cast are the exceptionally good ones - like Clannad, Higurashi, Yuuutsu etc.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I just watched "Summer Wars" after hearing a lot of good things about it - and it is very very good! :)
Birdo for Smash

Dude

THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE LAST VIDEO OMG XD

SuperFireKirby

So, I'm completely caught up on Naruto Shippuden. So.....what do I do now? Something productive, I guess.

FACK.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

Yugi

GaryOak

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 19, 2013, 08:33:11 PMSo, I'm completely caught up on Naruto Shippuden. So.....what do I do now? Something productive, I guess.

FACK.

Could also try Hunter x Hunter. It's a lot like Naruto but with better characters and story. They both have similar battles but in HxH they're little more strategy-based. They're also really unpredictable. It's cruel. When a character dies in Naruto/One Piece/Bleach it's a huge dramatic scene but in HxH your favorite character's decapitated head might just suddenly appear in front of your face.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

I suddenly got obsessed with "Princess Tutu". I have less clue to what's going on than the main character does, but I really like it. VAs are great.
Birdo for Smash

Dude

I'm bored, what should I watch?

Jompa

Birdo for Smash