News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

This new anime season that started this week is just insane!!! SO MUCH GOLD!!!
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

Any good ones in particular? I was thinking about starting Kyoukai no Kanata

Jompa

Well, yeah, since it's Kyoto Animation, you pretty much have to:P

"Coppelion" was good.

"Kuroko no Basket 2" (which is the second season) was good.

"Hajime no Ippo: Rising" (third season) was good.

"Kyousougiga" ("continuation" of an ova that I saw like a year or two ago) was good.

"Little Busters: Refrain" (second season) was good (god, I feel like my emotions aren't ready for this yet). This one's going to be great.

"Golden Time" was good. I got really hyped when this showed up on AFTV, because I didn't know that this awesome light novel series I randomly started reading, like ages ago, was being adapted.

"White Album 2" was good. It's not really a second season as the name implies, but rather a separate series set in the same universe, and the same setting kinda, as "White Album" (which also is pretty good).

"Kyoukai no Kanata" was good. Definitely left me with a better first impression than "Free!" did, though KyoAni has been kinda disappointing this last year and a half..

And "Space Brothers", the best show in the entire universe, continues, as it has been doing for the last three seasons (it's at episode 76 now).

There are more, but I haven't got around to them all, and some of them were bad so I didn't mention them.

I'm hyped about this season, because with the last couple of season there have only been like a couple of like really good shows (like "The World God Only Knows III" and "Attack on Titan"), and some of the shows were kinda hard to sit and watch for half an hour (like "WataMote" and "Stella Jogakuin c3-bu"), which I really don't think is gonna be the case this time :)
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Is Sword Art online better or worse than Highschool of the Dead

Jompa

Worse, way way way worse.
And hey, Highschool of the Dead isn't so bad, c'mon!
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Quote from: Jompa on October 05, 2013, 03:56:38 PMHighschool of the Dead isn't so bad, c'mon!

Jompa

Yeah, well aside from that it's actually really epic.
It's not bad just because it contains some ecchi.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

So I continue watching these new anime right, and guys! One of the new anime this season, "Log Horizon" literally is SAO.
You heard me, it is the exact same thing - a couple hundred thousand people have been sucked into the game, they find out they can't log out, main character/HERO is a gaming veteran and a good strategist at like lv 90, he finds companions, they try to find out what's happening, they find out the game has changed and pretty much turned into something identical to the SAO game, and in a matter of hours the game world turns into a society where crime happens and stronger guilds rule and stuff, yay!
^So yeah, it's SAO, just that it's Log Horizon.
Couple of differences: There is not really a specific goal yet, they don't know what happens if they die, they all have amnesia of some sorts and don't remember what's happened, no main villain yet,
and most importantly, this time we can't like foresee the ending after the first episode.
and for some reason no one's freaking out in this show, which is kinda weird.

There are five reviews on MAL so far (yeah, I know, after 1 episode, it's nuts), and in actuality they are all about SAO, and comparison and stuff, which is kinda stupid. Here.

So that first episode, it was good, but it wasn't all that amazing. Not bad at all, but if I'm comparing it to SAO's first episode, then y'know...
But it'll definitely turn out better than SAO did, that's for sure.
I'm not so sure I'll continue watching though.

And I continue watching new anime...and I find more:
Weak for "swimming" anime, but sad that "Free!" has ended?
No worries, 'cause something completely different, but with water as main setting, started airing just now and it's called "Nagi no Asakura".
The first ep was pretty good :3
This show has a really cute romance/love pentagon thing going on.
The reason I brought up "Free!" is because one of the characters is like a younger version of Haruka - a real fish freak.
I'll definitely continue watching this.
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT MADARA UCHIHA HAS ENTERED THE BATTLE. SOMEONE'S SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET SERIOUSLY ROCKED.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

GaryOak

I'm mostly interested in the new Hajime no Ippo season. The first season of Kuroko no Basket was ok at its best and very boring at its worst but in some weird way I liked it so I probably watch that too. Have to think about Ace no Diamond and Coppelion too. And what is this Meganebu!:

"The story revolves around a group of 5 glasses-wearing high school boys and their relationship."

That must be amazing.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

Meganebu is obviously just eye-candy to girls with glasses-fetishes.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

literally everyone go watch Kokoro Connect I've only seen through episode 5 and it's beautiful
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Today my cousin came over ... actually, scratch that;
Today my self-proclaimed anime-hating cousin came over, and this was while my brother was watching Kokoro Connect, and you now what? He sat down watching with us, and now he's hooked. Boom!
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

I finished the original series and it was fantastic. Can't wait to see the extra four episodes.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Quote from: Jompa on October 06, 2013, 05:39:21 AMMeganebu is obviously just eye-candy to girls with glasses-fetishes.
and me