News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

I've probably said this before, but if you're looking for a tearjerker Anohana is your show. It could've easily been made into a two hour movie, but they decided to stretch the heartbreak into twelve or so episodes. Just listening to the soundtrack now makes me tear up.

Oh and to make it the best experience, don't look up the summary before watching. Let it be a complete surprise.

Jompa

That's been high on my to-watch list for years, so I guess I'll finally watch it then:)
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I just read myself up to date on the shoujo manga "Orange", which has been on hiatus for a couple of years.
Wooow, what a good manga.
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Started Trigun yesterday. Almost halfway through because I couldn't stop.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SuperFireKirby

Annnnnn finished Trigun. SOOO MUCH GOODNESS.

Definitely in my top ten animes. Super highly recommend, especially if you like Bebop.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Man I remember watching like a quarter episode before I had to give up. I basically didn't like it.
I checked out the OST though, and as a saxophonist I was very pleased.
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

The first few episodes are kinda ehhhh but by episode 5 it really starts to pick up.

No clue how you managed all of SOA but couldn't do 1/4 of an episode of Trigun, Jompa. you craycray :P

SlowPokemon

Not sure how you make it through a series as kiddie and mediocre as Naruto tbh

SuperFireKirby

Cuz it's crack, but with ninjas. Plus, every now and again it actually can get pretty awesome.

But it's mostly my guilty pleasure anime. And at least it's not as bad as Bleach(not even close).

SlowPokemon

GaryOak

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 20, 2014, 06:16:59 PMCuz it's crack, but with ninjas. Plus, every now and again it actually can get pretty awesome.

But it's mostly my guilty pleasure anime. And at least it's not as bad as Bleach(not even close).

I highly recommend Hunter x Hunter to you if you haven't watched it yet. Like, you take all the good bits from Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, FMA and Dragonball and put them together, that is Hunter x Hunter. It has the attractive characters equal to ones in Bleach and One Piece, awesome battles of Naruto, epicness of Dragonball and tragedy of FMA. The author has some health issues so the manga is often on hiatus and pages are drawn this bad

http://i32.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/222/hunter-x-hunter-327182.jpg

Many chapters with that kind of quality but still I read all the 340 chapters in two days, it's just so addictive. Anime is even better because of that and unlike Naruto or Bleach this shit actually gets better when the story progresses.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 20, 2014, 04:42:37 PMThe first few episodes are kinda ehhhh but by episode 5 it really starts to pick up.

No clue how you managed all of SOA but couldn't do 1/4 of an episode of Trigun, Jompa. you craycray :P
Very good point. But SAO is kinda opposite from Trigun though - it's the first few episodes of SAO that are good, and the rest of the show that is a disappointing pile of shit. And so I only made it through because of that slight hope that the show would return to its earlier glory, which it didn't...
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

Quote from: Jompa on February 13, 2014, 01:47:43 PMWatching "Pupa" is physically painful. My flesh hurts.
Quote from: Bubbles on February 13, 2014, 03:14:38 PMIn a good way? I kinda gave up after the first three episodes
Jesus. I just caught up

I think I'm officially done now. Episode six was probably the most uncomfortable episode of anything that I've ever seen. And all the plot twists are more like "what the hell" than the usual "woah!"

In other words, I started Hyouka! Its a really nice slice of life/mystery anime. The mysteries can't really be solved by the viewer (unless you're really good at guessing impossible things), but that doesn't keep them from being interesting. Plus Houtarou is literally me

Jompa

Quote from: Bubbles on February 21, 2014, 09:58:37 PMIn other words, I started Hyouka! Its a really nice slice of life/mystery anime. The mysteries can't really be solved by the viewer (unless you're really good at guessing impossible things), but that doesn't keep them from being interesting. Plus Houtarou is literally me
Oh I remember Hyouka!! :D
I watched it when it aired, like about two years ago. That was the last KyoAni show that actually had a good story.
I don't know how far you've gotten, but man, the cultural festival arc is totally amazing!! The other arcs are a bit lame imo, but the show in its whole is pretty good.
Birdo for Smash