oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

I loved Colorful.

Spoiler
I was a little worried in the beginning since I thought Makoto was a separate person and I didn't want to have to deal with the ending when someone's soul was lost, but yay happy endings!
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Some people pass off Space Dandy as nothing more than a raunchy comedy. To them I say, could such a show move me with a vacuum cleaner's love for a coffee maker? I think not.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

Someone's gonna get their ass kicked unless all you guys watch Shinsekai Yori [MAL] this instant. I'm re-watching it now a year after it aired (I'm at ep#20 right now), and damn, it's one of the best. Seriously, I've probably mentioned its greatness like ten times on here.
It's very Shingeki no Kyoujin-ish, with a lot of horror-elements combined with mystery and drama&romance. It also reminds me a lot of Higurashi and Psycho-Pass, and also a bit of Umineko, Shiki and Zetsuen no Tempest. So watch it!
Fan of Antonin Dvorak? Well his music is featured, so watch it dammit!!!
Fan of Yaoi/Yuri? Well kinda irrelevant but every character in the show is gay, so watch it dammit!!!!
If ever the thought; "that Jompa guy has good taste in anime" crossed your mind during some previous recommendation you got from me, then this is the time to remember it!!!

And Space Dandy is magical. Second season will be great.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

Just finished Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!! I know plenty of people with extreme chuunibyou, so the first couple of episodes were pretty painful for me since I knew exactly what they were talking about (except its not nearly as cute as the anime portrays it), but once they introduced Takanashi's father I was fine. I might have completely missed the whole point of the show, but I still think theres a point where someone's case of chuunibyou is too much and you can't simply accept it

Roz~

I had a lot of free time recently and I watched Haganai and WataMote. Both were very good, and they both made me laugh out loud more than once. I especially liked WataMote, mostly because I could relate so much to the protagonist. I recommend them both, but if you have to pick between Haganai and WataMote, go for WataMote.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Olimar12345

Oh God why did I pick Clannad to rewatch T-T
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jompa

I've been telling myself to go rewatch Clannad since summer, but every time I'm about to start the first episode the entire show flashes before my eyes, and I just can't do it.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

I have no idea how good it is, but I just saw something called Soul Eater Not! and it seems to be a Soul Eater spin off! Olimar I thought you might want to know :J

SuperFireKirby

I'VE HEARD ABOUT THAT. Really wanna watch it cuz Soul Eater

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Olimar12345

Quote from: Jompa on April 07, 2014, 10:29:28 PMI've been telling myself to go rewatch Clannad since summer, but every time I'm about to start the first episode the entire show flashes before my eyes, and I just can't do it.

AAAH FUKO CHAN THE FEELSSSSSSSSS

Quote from: Bubbles on April 08, 2014, 07:33:15 PMI have no idea how good it is, but I just saw something called Soul Eater Not! and it seems to be a Soul Eater spin off! Olimar I thought you might want to know :J

AAAH WHAT IS THIS
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

Has anyone here watched Sword Art Online?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Yugi

Quote from: zoroark1264 on April 08, 2014, 08:39:57 PMHas anyone here watched Sword Art Online?
If you like it I think I cannot respect you anymore.

SuperFireKirby

Jompa and I agree its the worst anime either of us have watched all the way through.

Bubbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 08, 2014, 08:21:20 PMI'VE HEARD ABOUT THAT. Really wanna watch it cuz Soul Eater
I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Plenty of cameos, though I'm not sure exactly where it falls in the timeline, or whether it follows the manga or anime.
minor cameo
(Sid isn't a zombie and I cant remember if they changed that in the end of the original)
[close]

It definitely takes a girlier approach but still has the essence of Soul Eater. Judging by the OP and the outcome of the first episode it's entirely possible that the three female main characters will all be love interests (or at least implied ones)

Roz~

Quote from: zoroark1264 on April 08, 2014, 08:39:57 PMHas anyone here watched Sword Art Online?

I watched it. At first it was... alright, and then the second part of the season was meh. I don't understand why people consider it one of the best if not the best anime ever made.
I was disappointed because it looked so promising, and then... it could've been so much better Q_Q

Oh, as anyone watched Kyoukai no Kanata a.k.a Beyond the Boundary? I just watched the first episode and it looks pretty interesting. Apparently it was one of the best anime from 2013, so hopefully it's gonna be awesome.

Quote from: Jompa on April 07, 2014, 10:29:28 PMI've been telling myself to go rewatch Clannad since summer, but every time I'm about to start the first episode the entire show flashes before my eyes, and I just can't do it.

I still haven't watched it 'cause everyone says it's so sad D:
I'll watch it after I'm done with KnK so I can feel with everyone
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.