News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 06, 2015, 11:36:48 PM(I watched all of Bleach after all .-.)
I'd probably make fun of you or something, but then remember I've seen every Naruto episode to date .-.

Also, is Dead Man Wonderland any good? I watched the first episode and it seems promising, but also seems like it might end up sucking and wasting my time.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Echo

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 07, 2015, 09:20:07 PMAlso, is Dead Man Wonderland any good? I watched the first episode and it seems promising, but also seems like it might end up sucking and wasting my time.

Maybe check out the manga instead. From what I remember the anime only covers like the first third of the storyline, which is like right before all the cool character development and revelations and stuff. And I would've recommended watching the anime and then switching to the manga for the rest, but the anime also cut out a character and then gave her scenes to someone else, so you'd be kinda lost after the switch if you didn't re-read everything to get introduced to that character.

So yeah, I thought it was pretty good, but at some point you're gonna have to commit to an almost 60-chapter manga to get the full story.

Jompa

Beisdes, in terms of quality and stuff, the anime is pretty terrible. I found it enjoyable, but that was literally only because of the over-the-top gruesomeness, blood and killing. Other than that it has nothing going for itself. It cuts off at a really awkward place in the story where absolutely nothing has been accomplished at all. The show really is just a waste of time really, unless you want that rush one gets from watching really gory shit (though there are better shows for that).
So imo: a waste of time, doesn't leave any impression that would make you want to read the manga, bad in every production area apart from VA, and a boring setting and story that only holds up because of the gore.
Though if you are, like I was back then, actually looking for some blood-themed excitement, then maybe it's a good choice.
Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

First ep of new Tokyo Ghoul season was uh, interesting.  I feel like they should have concluded the first season with that instead since I was spending half the time trying to remember what had happened in the last few ep last season.  idk, most of this ep was just a whole bunch of stuff happening to finish up the events of the end of the last season but for some reason it just didn't satisfy me in any way x.x  Hopefully it's just setting the stage for something more interesting next week.  New OP is pretty awful especially compared to the great one from first season lol.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Just wondering, does anyone else here watch Parasyte?

Bubbles

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 08, 2015, 05:45:36 PMJust wondering, does anyone else here watch Parasyte?
I was planning on it but I already started one new show the week of midterms lol

Maelstrom

Quote from: Bubbles on January 08, 2015, 07:25:09 PMI was planning on it but I already started one new show the week of midterms lol
well do it anyway.  :P

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Dude

So I'm watching this super weird yuri bear anime and it's literally penguindrum weird.

Dude

TURNS OUT IT'S BY THE SAME DUDE.

EXPECTED/10

Bubbles

I spent most of the first episode of Tokyo Ghoul very confused (because I vaguely remember last season's finale and I didn't want to rewatch it in fear of going into a depression). I'm also hoping the opening wasn't the real one, since sometimes they do that for the first episode...

Either way, I don't think this season will compare to last one. He's already fallen and now it's just depressing :/

KefkaticFanatic

heh that's basically exactly how I felt through it.  I really hope it just ends up starting at a sprint next episode and is entirely different for the better.

me irl
[close]

Dude

Guys stripping is always a plus too

KefkaticFanatic

ya Tokyo Ghoul season 2 is still bad halfway in.  For some reason they're just flailing around rushing through a whole bunch of events whilst keeping the overarching plot super vague.  There's also some character interactions that seem to assume you know more that you would just watching the anime, which is annoying.

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Ahh, that stinks. I read all the manga anyway, so the anime kinda pales in comparison already.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel