Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Quote from: Bubbles on August 13, 2015, 08:02:36 PMCan you or someone else give me a quick list of everything thats good this season? I'm not sure what happened with me but I didn't even look up the summer anime releases and I have literally zero clue what's airing rn
Okay,
This season is perhaps the one I've experienced with the most airing shows that could be considered "worth watching". Not only that, but almost all of them are pretty good, and more unique than usual.
Here's a list of all the shows (excluding sequels), organized in wether or not I am wathing, have dropped, or haven't gotten around to them:
Spoiler
Watching:

Chaos Dragon
Action/Fantasy/Adventure. Heavy use of 3DCG. I imagine most people not enjoying this show at all, but I think it's fine.

Gangsta.
Action. This is definitely the most popular show of the season, and pretty much was popular even long before it started airing. I don't really see why. It is watch-worthy, but I don't think it is that good. I mean, I like it, but I don't see why others do. But apparently, most people do.

Okusama ga Seitokaichou!
Romance/Ecchi. This is just a random ecchi show, with short episodes. No point watching really.

Aoharu x Kikanjuu
Action/Comedy. Toy-guns. It's not bad. I like it.

Joukamachi no Dandelion
Comedy/Slice of Life/Superpower.

Wakaba*Girl
Comedy/Slice of Life. It's pretty much Kiniro Mosaic with short episodes.

Ushio to Tora
Shounen/Comedy/Supernatural. Remake of the old show. So it's much better.

Ranpo Kitan
Mystery. In my opinion, this is rather bad. I'll finish it though.

Shimoneta
Comedy. This is ok. It has its moments.

Classroom Crisis
Sci-fi/Slice of Life. Seemed lame at first, but now it's better.

GATE
Fantasy/Action/Adventure.

Kuroyami Santa
Don't bother

Wakako-zake
Don't bother

Rokka no Yuusha
Action/Fantasy/Adventure/Superpower/Mystery. Somewhat exciting. I would guess some people don't like this show, though I know many do. My opinion is still being decided.

Charlotte
Superpower/Slice of Life/Comedy/Drama. Jun Maeda. JUN MAEDA. Guys, JUN MAEDA!!!!!!!! It's good. May be my favorite of the season.

Sore ga Seiyuu!
Slice of Life/Comedy. This is good. I like it.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa
Romance/Supernatural/Slice of Life/Comedy. Pretty standard romance show (with some supernatural in it), but like most good romances, it gives off a unique feel. I like it.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Shoujo/Slice of Life. This is seriously great. I personally LOVE shoujo, and this is one of the best. May be my favorite of the season.

Suzakinishi the Animation
Don't bother

Bikini Warriors
Don't bother

Himouto! Umaru-chan
Comedy/Slice of Life. Good. It may be a bit boring for most people, but it is enjoyable.

Danchigai
Don't bother, I guess?

Prison School
Comedy/Ecchi. I read this manga years ago, and it was great. The anime is not as good, and the censoring ruins everything. It is a hilarious story, but seriously, read the manga instead.

God Eater
Action/Superpower. Heavy use of 3DCG. imo this is bad. I'll finish it though.

Ore Monogatari!!
Shoujo/Romance/Comedy/Slice of Life. This show continues from spring-season. A good romance and comedy. Most people would definitely like this. I recommend it.

Shokugeki no Souma
Shounen/Comedy. Continues from spring-season. This is a very typhical shounen, with cooking as its theme. I recommend it.

Kyoukai no Rinne
Comedy/Supernatural/Slice of Life/Romance(?). Continues from spring-season. Don't bother. I am watching it to the end, but for a 20+ ep show this is too slow to be enjoyable. Sometimes it's good, but the comedy is never funny. I personally don't hate this show (it's more on a "like" from me), but I just don't recommend it.

Kekkai Sensen
Action/Comedy. This show is still on hiatus until they can find a time-slot for the last episode to air. This show was pretty cool, and the last ep will probably be exciting.

Haven't gotten around to:
Overlord - Also one of the most popular shows of the season, along with Gansta..
Gakkou Gurashi!
Monster Musume

Dropped:
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
Million Doll
Makura no Danshi
Arslan Senki – continuation from spring-season
Denpa Kyoushi – continuation from spring-season
World Trigger – continuation from spring-season
[close]
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

I've been watching that monster girl anime and it's complete trash but it's enjoyable trash
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I just finished Parasyte a few days ago, and highly recommend it. It was excellent.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

ThatGamer

You know, I really don't see why people enjoy anime...animation is better.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Dude

Mashi

idk i think he has a point

its like... i really dont see why people enjoy fruits...apples are better

Dude

ThatGamer

It's just if you compare, say...Ponyo, to...Frozen, (and I don't like either...) you will see how much better the art style is in Frozen, despite the strong storyline in Ponyo.
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Nebbles

okay but why are you bashing anime in the anime and manga thread

get out, seriously
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jompa

Oh I see, so:
Art style in Frozen > art style in Ponyo = "animation" > anime

christ...
Birdo for Smash

ThatGamer

Quote from: Jompa on August 14, 2015, 06:00:36 PMOh I see, so:
Art style in Frozen > art style in Ponyo = "animation" > anime

Yeah. I happen to think anime is more substantial, yet animation is more artsy, you know?

Dude

ThatGamer

Ponyo, Sailor Moon, (which just ended) Full Metal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Touhou, and Princess Kagura...I think.

Mashi

touhou is my favorite anime i cant believe this sacrilege!!!