Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

I remember back when I was 8 and toonami started at 5 EVERY DAY and had a three hour block and on saturdays they showed new episodes. Then toonami started getting cut off. Now it was only on Saturdays from 8:30 to 11:30. But it wasn't all that bad because they had so may good shows on at the time. Like Naruto, One Piece, and Bobobo-bo bo-bobobo. So it was fine. But when I was in 7th grade they didn't kill Toonami, but simply put it in a coma with severe internal bleeding. They a cut it to a ONE HOUR BLOCK! 8;30 to 9:30 with only one show. Naruto. And then a year ago, they finally decided to go for the throat. That is my story on possibly the greatest program block ever that had all limbs choppped off until those that didn't know of its once greatness ignored it. Cartoon Network is evil. AND WHAT WAS WITH CANCELING THE GRIM ADVENTURES OF BILLY AND MANDY!!!!!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nana1Popo2

^ ya i noticed that, too..... it slowly got smaller and smaller...... *sigh.......there goes all the good shows......
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

triforced1

universe-X

Cartoon Network doesn't even have any cartoons anymore, only reality shows. The only reason I still watch it is because of Chowder.

SuperFireKirby

I know. Its getting pretty stupid. But they do still play Tom & Jerry at 2:00 every week day so thats whats nice about it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

rushye

Naruto is nice. and at times funny.

Initial D is also a nice anime to watch. It also has a comic book.

And also, Yu-gi-oh, i enjoyed watching it as well as playing the computer game.

Jub3r7

I'm watching both versions of Full Metal Alchemist and the fan-subbed Best Wishes series.

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Super Zombie

I always knew NSM was full of anime-watchers. You sick freaks.

I've only seen one anime I liked: Ghost in the Shell. It has nudity though (not really any sexuality though).

Shadoninja

Quote from: Super Zombie on April 27, 2011, 12:16:48 AMI always knew NSM was full of anime-watchers. You sick freaks.

I've only seen one anime I liked: Ghost in the Shell. It has nudity though (not really any sexuality though).

what's wrong with anime?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SuperFireKirby

I used to watch anime. But it just seems so cheesy and silly now. Just like every other form of japanese entertainment.

Jub3r7

Some forms of anime are more cheesy than others; others are completely original.

I'm a little confused about xxxHolic, though.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

^Seriously. I don't understand the comment "you sick freaks". Anime =/= hentai.

Plus the only anime I watch are the movies by Studio Ghibli...also some Pokemon occasionally.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

GaryOak

I rather read than watch. But if I watch, the animes are usually megaseries like Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach<--they all have over 300 episodes. In military service I watched some shorter series like Elfen Lied and Trigun, but I guess they're not my thing. Long series ftw.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Winter

I love Bleach. It's a little mainstream. But oh soooooo goood.

B)

Super Zombie

"It's a little mainstream..."

Sounds like winterkid is a hipster.

And I said "you sick freaks" not because of all the sexuality that's in even children's anime, but because anime is just so bizarre (which is how everything in Japan is, as SuperFireKirby said) and generally horribly-written and cliched. A lot of anime has some annoying person, an overly-serious guy that's always got a >:( face on and introspectively staring off into space, and everyone wears ridiculous clothing. Women always have huge boobs and nine-year-old girls are always very under-dressed and sexualized. And everything's ridiculous fighting that breaks the laws of physics. So it's all those things that go together to make me not like anime. I'm not closed-minded, obviously, since I've seen stuff I like, but the vast majority is trash in my opinion.

On another note, does anyone watch Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series or DBZ: The Abridged Series? Those are pretty freaking hilarious.