Midi to mus converter

Started by Merlin, February 07, 2009, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Hi!
Do you happen to know if there is a program which can convert midi files to mus? I've already googled it, but I found just one program that doesn't work at all.
I'm not asking for such a program because I want to turn the midis from vgmusic to sheet music but because I composed something using Anvil Studio and now I'd like to play it on piano, so I need it as a mus file...
Can you help me? :)

HugoMeister

Finale can open midi's into mus.

Just select the .mid file type from the dropdown box thing when you're opening a file.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Merlin

Well, unfortunately I just have the demo version of finale 2008, so I can't save or print it... and finale 2005, which I use to arrange my submissions (xD), can't open midi files.
Okay, I just got an other idea: is there some (hopefully not too illegal xD) way to get a newer verion of finale which can open midi files for free? :P

kotorfanboy

Well, you can get any of the 2008 or 2009 versions of Finale from torrents. The most basic version of Finale (Finale Notepad) that can edit music does cost a little bit, assuming that they took down links to download the 2008 ones.

I'd recommend getting a torrent, but if you want to stay legal, search for a download link to Finale Notepad 2008, because that is free.

musicguy360

Quote from: Merlin on February 07, 2009, 01:54:02 PMWell, unfortunately I just have the demo version of finale 2008, so I can't save or print it... and finale 2005, which I use to arrange my submissions (xD), can't open midi files.
Okay, I just got an other idea: is there some (hopefully not too illegal xD) way to get a newer verion of finale which can open midi files for free? :P

look on the old downloads on the finale website, notepad 2008 should be there (which is free)

Merlin

Wow, thanks for the hint! :D
I've downloaded Finale Notepad 2008a as a demo version years ago, because the full version was 100$ or something like that... I didn't know that there was a free version out there! :o