4-D stuff (NEW: "Meet Ilia (Washing Epona)" LoZ:TP)

Started by 4-D, February 18, 2009, 08:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Alrighty, well, you can edit it as much as you want. I just couldn't stand the song having wrong notes. Just know that those notes are correct.

4-D

Quote from: Brassman388 on May 14, 2009, 11:33:07 PMAlrighty, well, you can edit it as much as you want. I just couldn't stand the song having wrong notes. Just know that those notes are correct.
Do you mean that I'm missing some notes? or that some of the notes I have shouldn't be there? If you want to have right notes, look at the second page of my first version in the bass, cause I noticed that yours had "wrong notes" there. The point of the sheet music is to convey the song well on the piano, not to reproduce the original song note-for-note (transcribing requires a little rearranging, which is what I did). It looked to me that you just beefed up your version and that's fine, but I intentionally simplified the right hand a little. Thanks for the tips, though  :P. I really appreciate feedback (it's better than none at all!)

Brassman388

Haha, alrighty, good to see that you know what you want. I like that in a person. If that's what you were trying to convey, you did good.

4-D

Quote from: Brassman388 on May 14, 2009, 11:46:56 PMHaha, alrighty, good to see that you know what you want. I like that in a person. If that's what you were trying to convey, you did good.
After listening to your version a few times more, I've noticed that beefing up your melody chords does help keep the repeating A note from standing out too much and getting annoying. I might try to do something like that (the repeating A does sound annoying on the piano!)

Brassman388

Okay cool, whatever you choose to do. I'm sure that it'll sound fine in the end.

4-D

sooo....
"Silent Light" from CT is ready for acception
...yeah

Cobraroll

I had a look at your Dire, Dire Docks arrangement, and I think it's great, but measure 25-32 could be in 8va, that's at least how I play it. Don't you think that sounds a little better, as I know the song goes "lighter" there than the rest of the piece?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

4-D

first, thanks for listening to it and taking the time to weigh in. it's certainly one of my fav mario 64 themes.
as for your suggestion, you've got good rationale for it. it's an artistic call, so the person playing it could improvise that part if they wanted (as you did). I might make a note in the sheet for that as a suggestion