News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

What Instrment(s) Do you play?

Started by JazzBassoon, February 21, 2009, 09:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Instrment(s) Do you play?

Piccolo
3 (4%)
Flute
11 (14.7%)
Oboe/ English Horn
2 (2.7%)
Clarinet
10 (13.3%)
Bass Clarinet
3 (4%)
E- Flat Clarinet
1 (1.3%)
Bassoon
2 (2.7%)
Contrabassoon
0 (0%)
Alto Sax
11 (14.7%)
Tenor Sax
6 (8%)
Bari Sax
4 (5.3%)
French Horn
3 (4%)
Trumpet
7 (9.3%)
Trombone
4 (5.3%)
Tuba
3 (4%)
Euphonium/ Baritone
4 (5.3%)
Violin
13 (17.3%)
Viola
3 (4%)
Cello
6 (8%)
Double Bass
3 (4%)
Harp (Stringed
3 (4%)
Piano
67 (89.3%)
Timpani
6 (8%)
Percussion
14 (18.7%)
Other
24 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Sekter77

Wow, you guys are really versatile with instruments. I played piano when I was younger but quit after a few years. I'm hoping to take it back up this summer though. Right now I play guitar (mostly electric) and have been for about a year and a half. It may not be the most difficult instrument to learn, but playing it really cleanly and quickly can take a while and is still what I'm working on.

I really doubt I'll try to pick up anything else, except maybe drums. All those classical instruments are really beyond my league.
Guitar and video games.

fabbemannen

Most people on a sheet music site is somewhat good on instruments ;)
But seriously, the only instrument I'm REALLY good at is piano! I'm good at most of those instruments, but piano is the only one I'm great at, all the other ones are self-thought. I'm actually really good at the flutes too! But not better than someone that have played for a while.
I learn fast =D

Shadoninja

two other people play double bass, I wonder who.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

fabbemannen

51 other persons play piano, I wonder who?

:D

Shadoninja

no one plays contrabasson. I wonder who?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

fabbemannen

Well I can play the other! Really fun instrument =D

ETFROXX

Flute.. Piccolo... Piano.. Guitar... And soon Violin.

garlicbananas

French Horn (Mellophone[unless that counts as a separate instrument]), Trumpet, Piano, Ocarina.  1st half: School.  2nd half: self-taught.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Jub3r7

The piano and other (recorder, harmonica. :P)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

fingerz

I play Piano (Grade 6), Clarinet (Grade 5) and Bari Sax just for stage bands.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Fleetstar The Flygon

Next year, when I get to go in band, I'll try to do the sax, since that's the instrument my father played in band. But if I get to go in jazz band, I shall try out for the piano, since I've found the joy in life for two and a half years just playing a song or two. Plus, it's the only part I think I'll be good at, soo.... ::)

SuperFireKirby

I am so inspired to learn Violin. And only because I want to get good enough to be able to play the violin solo of The Rain Must Fall(live) by Yanni. Greatest violin solo ever.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Greg

I can TECHNICALLY play 4 instruments... but three of them suck  :P
Piano's my only good instrument.
Then violin, euphonium, and saxophone  :P

DrP

I can play the Steel Drums... I seriously need to buy one after I got my tech fill and have an extra 1500 lying around!!!

fabbemannen

Quote from: drpamplemousse on April 21, 2011, 08:55:50 PMI can play the Steel Drums... I seriously need to buy one after I got my tech fill and have an extra 1500 lying around!!!
Oh yeah, tried those once =D
Epic instrument ;D