News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

DS-i GBA Slot

Started by shane91c, March 10, 2009, 08:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you disappointed that Nintendo have removed the GBA slot from the DS-i? (No more Guitar Hero!!!)

HELL YEAH! :(
Not really...

shane91c

Nintendo removed the GBA slot from the new DS-i! That means it won't be able to play classic GBA games, or anything that uses a DS Option Pak like Guitar Hero: On Tour.

Am I the only one that's disappointed?

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

KefkaticFanatic

The DSi is a pointless release.  All it does is cut features and give us more bullshit gimmicks.  I'm really getting tired of all this.

me irl
[close]

Tranzlater

I dunno, it might be useful for classic GB games (DS virtual console anyone?), but seriously, they could have made the cameras the slightest bit better.
The fact that it can't even play GBA games is a hint at possible GBA VC releases for £20 each... I don't really wanna buy Metroid Zero Mission any times more than one, so I'm probably gonna down grade to a GBA, and stick with my DS. And camera. And iPod.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

shane91c

I am a fan of Nintendo - Their classics will NEVER die. It's unfortunate that they seem to be running out of ideas recently...

Main NSM Site

MasterPenguin

As I can already play all the classics on my DS..I have absolutely no reason to spend another $200 for DSiWare games. No reason. (Nor do I want a 0.3MP camera.)

It's not worth the money. Stick with the Lite.

shane91c

I'll also stick to the DS Lite, my mobile phone already does everything that's new about the DS-i, but 10x better. The only thing that's not better about my phone is it doesn't have 2 screens or even a touch screen :P

Main NSM Site

KefkaticFanatic

Plus any of the DSi ware could probably be done easily with PSP homebrew.  Also all the emulators on PSP homebrew.

me irl
[close]

shane91c

If "DSiWare" is going to include retro games, I can still say it's a great idea. That's Nintendo realising the value of their classics - They truly will never die.

Main NSM Site

Tranzlater

Quote from: shane91c on March 11, 2009, 02:34:50 PMIf "DSiWare" is going to include retro games, I can still say it's a great idea. That's Nintendo realising the value of their classics - They truly will never die.

"With Nintendo, the classics never die.
You just pay triple the original priceâ,,¢"
Probably not for long.

shane91c

You son of a bitch! Hehe just kidding, funny line :D

Main NSM Site

rush n kaos

what they should have gone for is add more power and usability to the DS. we don't need the camera, we don't need the music player (i assume there is one). there's cameras and IPods for that. we need more stuff like processing power, better graphics. Look at the PSP, how far ahead it is in those terms. i think if the DS went in that direction we can do great things. cause then we have high quality gameplay with the option of a touchscreen

MasterPenguin

Graphics ≠ Quality.

Tranzlater

Quote from: MasterPenguin on March 13, 2009, 03:58:29 AMGraphics ≠ Quality.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Nintendo just don't understand these things- it's like their trying to make bad quality stuff "for fun" etc. etc...
Probably not for long.

Palagerini

yea... it seems like Nintendo realizes that all of their hardcore gamers and left them and they're just making casual, gimmicky, games now.
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

KefkaticFanatic

Ha, tomorrow Nintendo is having a DSi special preview at a local gamestop for Platinum Club Nintendo members.  I'm going to go with my little brother.

me irl
[close]