News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

[N64] Mario Kart 64 - "Rainbow Road"

Started by Cobraroll, March 26, 2009, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Completed and on site

Well, only one for now, but I think this topic can be used for all future requests concerning the Mario Kart series.

The song I'm asking for now, is the first song that made me sit down by the piano and figure it out. I made a pretty crap single-hand melody out of the pretty repeating pattern, and learned it by heart. But even though it was crap, it got me started on piano, and I looked up a few more melodies on YouTube, learned a couple of songs from tutorials, and then started taking lessons. So all in all, this song is a bit special to me.

The song I'm speaking of is:

Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road
Simple, yet sweet. Quite slow, and repeating, so it would fit as a beginner's piece. Could anyone have a look at it?
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/index-gr.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5xdue7GFcc

The next song requested here is End credits from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
All you who played MKDD should know this song. You finally managed the S-bends on Rainbow Road properly, dodged that red shell that would have sent you spinning out of the course, and narrowly avoided the last banana peel before the finish line. Controller over your head, shouting "YES!", you had won the Mirror Mode All Cup Tour, by a mere two points. Celebrating your victory, you leant back, tapped the A button to skip the ceremony, thus managed to write your sister's initials in the record box because you didn't pay attention, then closed your eyes and listened to the credits theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&hl=en&v=jg_3LlYAXsg

Thanks a lot in advance.
Feel free to use this topic to request other songs from the Mario Kart series.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

ALPRAS

hmmm... a very simple song....
Ill try to make :)

Cobraroll

Thanks a lot! I'm sure it won't be too hard.

Thanks again!

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

musicguy49

ALPRAS

just in case guys, my plans is this:
Make all the songs from Super Mario Galaxy, Star Fox Adventures...
But in the meantime, ill make all the songs from All mario Kart (at least, the best ones:P)

So theres nothing to worry about :)

Cobraroll

Quote from: ALPRAS on March 29, 2009, 02:40:00 PMjust in case guys, my plans is this:
Make all the songs from Super Mario Galaxy (...) all the songs from All mario Kart (at least, the best ones :P)

So theres nothing to worry about :)

So I guess Mario Kart Wii's Rainbow Road is pretty high priority?

ALPRAS

for now, Yes :)

I said in GMW that ill stop accept requests cuz I really dont have time to finish all of them cuz the school, the tests, concerts and contests dont let me...
but this one is an exeption  ;)