News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

classical/ video game music

Started by dahans, April 05, 2009, 07:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

this is just my opinion but i think  everyone who likes videogame music likes classical music too it's possible that this is not right but i am not sure; what do u think about it?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

blah54

sorry but i don't think that's really true at all... video game music is influenced by many styles, not just classical and it depends on the type of game you're playing... however, most video game composers are classical-trained just because classical pieces are a great foundation for understanding music in general so no doubt there are classical elements that show up in video game pieces...

also, minimalistic and jazz based video game music is fairly common and sometimes you even get the odd stuff occasionally like 12-tone... and its possible that the liking of both videogame-classical music might just be a reference to the demographic that plays video games...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Brassman388

Quote from: dahans on April 05, 2009, 07:48:27 AMthis is just my opinion but i think  everyone who likes videogame music likes classical music too it's possible that this is not right but i am not sure; what do u think about it?

that's how it is with me. I enjoy the theme's of vg music, with classical intrumentation. Whether it be jazz, or contemparary. It's all good to me.

killers4793

classical is a very generic term for music. some classical is nice and melodic like broke music then you have some of the greman music that is war like.

Brassman388

Quote from: killers4793 on April 05, 2009, 11:59:41 AMclassical is a very generic term for music. some classical is nice and melodic like broke music then you have some of the greman music that is war like.

Technically, Classical music if referring to any music before the 21st century. Contemporary would be what classical music is today.

Do you mean baroque music? and german music back then was the accepted classical music of that time. That is where it originated from.

ALPRAS

I compose two diferent types of song: classical (rachmaninoff's style ;D) and Video Game style... I think they are a bit different...

Brassman388

Quote from: ALPRAS on April 05, 2009, 05:32:00 PMI compose two diferent types of song: classical (rachmaninoff's style ;D) and Video Game style... I think they are a bit different...

Two different styles, not songs.

ALPRAS

Quote from: Brassman388 on April 05, 2009, 07:51:39 PM
Quote from: ALPRAS on April 05, 2009, 05:32:00 PMI compose two diferent styles: classical (rachmaninoff's style ;D) and Video Game style... I think they are a bit different...

Fixed! xD

Brassman388

Quote from: ALPRAS on April 06, 2009, 07:33:37 AM
Quote from: Brassman388 on April 05, 2009, 07:51:39 PM
Quote from: ALPRAS on April 05, 2009, 05:32:00 PMI compose two diferent styles: classical (rachmaninoff's style ;D) and Video Game style... I think they are a bit different...

Fixed! xD

Alrighty?

GreekGeek

Quote from: ALPRAS on April 05, 2009, 05:32:00 PMI compose two diferent types of song: classical (rachmaninoff's style ;D) and Video Game style... I think they are a bit different...

Rachmaninoff is very. Special. I liked his Prelude though, beautiful. I compose Melodic pop/classical and Pokémon style (as you may have heard, if not check it out ::))

Brassman388

Oh man... I don't know what i compose. I haven't had any proper theory teaching and my school doesn't have composition course. So, i'm kinda at a loss... oh well. But for the most part, what I do know, helps me arrange fairly well. Which i had to learn by myself. I'll have to try composing eventually.

dahans

well just try :) what should go wrong?
http://imslp.org/wiki/Hauptseite there u can see the sheet music of every important composer and maybe u can learn by watching :D

Brassman388

I love IMSLP!

See, that's why I arrange, so that way I can learn like that. Arranging is way better than just looking at the music. Thanks anyway.

dahans

np IMSLP is one of the best ideas i have ever heard in my life. Due to the fact that most people forget about classical music or music wich is even older, it is important to save the sheets or just the MIDI of all the composers for the future. Just imagine, what would be if Mozart gets "lost"!

Brassman388

"np"?

Uhh... yeah, i love imslp, i wouldn't even know most of the composers that i know without imslp helping me. thanks.