News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Tangy's Arrangements (Pokemon Gym (G/S/C) up)

Started by tangy, April 25, 2009, 10:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tangy

Alrighty, Lavender Town from R/B/Y now has the composer on it, so it's done I suppose. :P

Lavender Town (Pokemon R/B/Y)
Original

I actually got a lot done on the G/S/C Lavender Town, so here it is. The notes on top are, as far as I can tell, the same as the bass except in certain parts, and since they ended up being too high to put on finale/ read, I didn't include them except when they were different from the bass line. It sounds better without them anyways actually. :) I'm not sure of a few parts, bars 19-20 mostly. Doesn't sound right. =/

There's a whole top section that isn't there atm in the "second part" (starting at bar 21) because I'm not good enough to tell what the notes are. xD. I'll work on it later.

Lavender Town (G/S/C)
Original

I was bored again today... and I started my gold version over again yesterday... and the gym music was EPIC. So I decided to try and arrange it. Here's what I have now:

Pokemon Gym (G/S/C)
Original

My username not having a capital letter is bothering me, so I might delete my account and re-make it with a capital. xD. Just a heads up.

Currently working on:

Slateport City - Pokemon R/S/E (I haven't checked to see if anyone's doing it yet, but it's one of my favorites.)

Cobraroll

The download link doesn't work for me.

The original is good, though. Can't wait to see the link fixed.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

tangy

Really? When it was first posted it was broken, but I fixed minute after. I guess you must've gotten there before I fixed it?

It's working fine for me... is it still broken?

Cobraroll

I simply get to what seems like MediaFire's main page. It's a tad hard to find your file from there...

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jamaha

There seems to be a " in the url.

Mediafire refused to load, though, so I couldn't check if that was it.

tangy

That must be it. I remember I did that once before with BBCode and it wouldn't work correctly either. n_n;

Sorry! I removed it.

Cobraroll

Yeah, it works now, and I must say, the song is quite well arranged.

Only issue is, I think you must have quite big hands to play this one, as the right hand layers are very spaced apart, and it's also quite a distance down the keyboard to the bass.
But again, that's a composition issue, not the arrangers fault. Great job. Could you have a look at GSC's Lavender Town as well?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g76W944CXzo&feature=related
It's quite similiar, but more hope-filled, if you understand. Brings memories of a small town that has been a dark and gloomy place for ages, where the spirits now have settled. More families are moving in, people start to walk in the streets at night again, but the memories of the dark times are still strong among the inhabitants. Yet, peace has arrived and the community is slowly blooming.

dahans

i really love every Pokémon song and well done. I am looking forward to hearing more Pokémon music by u.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

tangy

Thanks! :3

Yeah, it's kinda impossible to play all the parts with one person. I get my brother to play the top part on songs like these. xP. Otherwise you could always ditch the top part altogether. -thinks- Or move the melody up an octave.

I'll try the G/S/C one. x)

*un-edited because I actually did have time to nearly finish the G/S/C one and now it's at the top*