News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Which Paper Mario is Your Favorite?

Started by White Wolfos, February 16, 2009, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Paper Mario is Your Favorite?

Paper Mario (N64)
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GC)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)

White Wolfos

Please explain.

Myself, I prefer Paper Mario TTYD because it kept the same battle style of Paper Mario while having better controls, characters with more personality, and very good stories in between the game (Glitzville, Twilight Town, the Express Train, etc.). I least prefer Super Paper Mario mainly because they took the battle scheme away. It also gets pretty monotonous after a while.

Purple1222119

I agree with everything you say! Although I've only played half of PM1
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

jake3343

Paper Mario is awesome. TTYD is the best. They are all awesome games though.

I mostly liked it better because it had more things to do after you beat it. I know SPM probably had more, but the battle scheme wasn't quite as good.

In TTYD I have:

collected all badges
Beaten the pit of 100 trials
completed all the troubles in the trouble center
Beaten the shadow queen
tattled every single enemy.

All I really have left to do is make all the recipes and get to level 99 (hard)

tangy

I've played all three multiple times, and my fave is definitely the thousand year door!! I hated that in SPM they didn't have partners. Laaame. :P It wasn't really the battle format change that bugged me the most, though I preferred the RPG ones. Some of the minor changes bugged me... like not getting a hammer until the fifth (I think) chapter, and even then you can only use it if you have cudge out... and eight pure hearts?! n__n; #1 Pure heart? wth and #2 What happened to the seven stars present since super mario rpg?

I think they tried a bit too hard to be funny too. Super mario RPG + First paper mario wasn't trying to be funny, TTYD was hilarious in my opinion, though maybe that was just me having Goombella out the whole time. :D The new one they tried so hard it was stupid in parts... Although I liked in the fifth chapter when I made cudge fly around swearing. :33 Anyone else remember that?

I've been snooping around the internet for news on a fourth paper mario, and appearently nintendo is making one but they're not sure whether to keep the SPM format or go back to RPG. I hope they go back to RPG!

ALPRAS

PM:TTYD and Super PM were really good and Ive enjoyed them well...

dahans

in my opinion paper mario is the best game ever! wheter u take paper mario, TTYD or Super Paper Mario Wii, every game is excellent. I buyed paper mario on Nintendo when i was 9 years old and I loved it. I have never seen such a funny, ingenius and sometimes difficult game again. And everyone, who has never played PM go and buy one, because u have missed something! My personal favourite is TTYD, because it was even better than PM (i didnt believe that this had been possible!). Because its even more funnier and u cant stop playing it. Everything is great in this game. I think i lent it to so many friends, unbelievable, and everybody said that this game had been amazing. My favourite part of the game is, when u have to fight in this big arena, the idea is so wonderful. I hope Nintendo will publicise TTYD on Wii again, because i had such a great time with playing it. Super Paper Mario on Wii is really good too, but I think there were less ideas and i hope the next one will be better. I am looking forward to playing the next Paper Mario (hopefully on the Wii).
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Phyrephox

The 1000-yr. Door was the best in terms of storyline and controls.  The first one was pretty innovative, but it really expanded in the second game.  The Wii version just lost the soul of Paper Mario.  Still a good game, but not worthy of the Paper Mario series.

SirIngusBingus

Although my vote goes to TTYD, the villains in Super Paper Mario were some of the best they've had in a long time. Count Bleck, Dimentio, and Mr. L are awesome.

SuperFireKirby

I personally enjoyed the first one the most.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

dahans

Moreover I think that Super Paper Mario is the funniest at all. But in my opinion TTYD is the best.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

mantis985

SuperFireKirby

First one is my fav, dont know why but I jus like it the most. On another note, your sig is crazy Mantis(and thats why I like it)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zintendo

Super paper mario = a good game plus great memorable new characters.  Beat it once and I was done, but i am older sorry.  I crag you not, brah!
The thousand year door = kinda a not so good expansion to the first.  fun as hell in that fight arena, and picking baby yoshis colour.
Paper Mario = An epic adventure and everything brings back memories.  The fat shy guy peach needs to bake a cake for, Chetto Ripoff, That Jinormous Turtle blocking the way!!  man!!! I was younger and this was the best nintendo 64 game i had at the time, so i beat it literally 5 times.  every time i would learn something new, their is a crapload of secrets throughout all of the game.  Goombario is the equivalent of a mexican.  duh...

I think i wouldve had way more fun if i had anticipated the release of ttyd, but i actually just borrowed the game from a friend a little after I got my Wii.  I beat it still, but ehh not so much fun. 

and super paper mario isnt no mario galaxy but its crammed with stuff like galaxy is.  alternate dimensions!!! you go to the "game over" land, a nice way to put it.  I call it Hell.  Their is murky waters and hands that pull you and stuff in game over land.  im talking randomly about the games sorry....

Super Paper Mario = Vote but I think I had more fun with the first.