News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Started by SirIngusBingus, April 22, 2009, 04:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the 'train' idea?

Awesome!
4 (19%)
Meh.
9 (42.9%)
WHY?!?
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

KefkaticFanatic

Wait until they drop the PS3 price/release a PS3 slim.  Which should be soon.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

I might buy a PS3 after a price drop.

MIGHT.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Same here.  It depends on the size of the price drop and what is announced at E3.  However, I still have a ton of other things to save up for, like a Zune HD.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

The new Zune does look pretty sweet.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Sir Awesomesauce

How relevant. lol, hypocrisy
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

SuperFireKirby

But the train idea might work. It might not. It worked pretty damn well in Dark Cloud 2 but then again, the entire story wasn't based around like, after playing Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks probably will be. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Gu4n

It's not really a case whether it made work or not; it's about the fundamental elements which are lost in the portable Zelda's of this generation. No more fields with enemies which must be crossed. Instead we get a sailboat (which fitted in the overal concept of the game, actually), then a steamship and now a train. What's next? A rocket in Legend of Zelda Galaxy? Seriously, Nintendo is more and more getting off-track with this franchise, like ruining the portable glory that was set up in Link's Awakening.

SuperFireKirby

While the sailboat in Wind Waker was a nice and fresh idea that put a new aspet on Zelda, making two other games based off of a means of transportatinon isn't any where near the way to go. The need to get back to basics. Wind Waker was all they needed but Nintendo's CEOs thought to themselves, well Wind Waker sold so well why don't we make a portable version of it change it to a steam boat and give it a different name! And then we do the exact same thing, except this time we'll use a train instead! I'm going with G-Han's prediction that there will be a rocket ship in an up coming game.

SirIngusBingus

Nah, more likely they'll put link in a little Red Baron fighter plane.

Gu4n

Just a horse will suffice, I suppose. Anyway, I played the demo last Tuesday and was pretty disappointed. They're using exactly the same engine as Phantom Hourglass'. I mean, the team's not even putting energy in the franchise anymore.

The portable Zelda's are going downhill imo. When I had to review Phantom Hourglass, I couldn't give it more than a 6 out of 10.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: G-Han on June 11, 2009, 12:20:57 PMWhen I had to review Phantom Hourglass, I couldn't give it more than a 6 out of 10.

That score would have been even lower if it wasn't for Capt. Linebeck.

SuperFireKirby

I couldn't even stand playing the demo of phantom hour glass. So glad I have Link's Awakening DX to comfort me in these dark times for portable LoZ.

The-Real-Link

G-Han presents an interesting point. Back in my NSider days, I wrote an article for the Zelda board in which I discussed upcoming Zelda games. At the time, Twilight Princess was still in development. As I said then, I would like to see the Zelda Team to look at the two N64 games as inspiration. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were the two best games in the franchise. Twilight Princess, I would say, is probably the fourth or fifth best. (Behind Link to the Past and Wind Waker)
What G-Han says is true. Zelda Team is starting to look towards gimmicks to make the game appeal to people. They are starting to forget that what makes Zelda great is the Story, the Gameplay, and the sense of adventure that Zelda has inbued in players for over a decade. The cliche'd term is true, "If ain't broke, don't fix it!"