News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Concerning NSM and game music...

Started by dahans, May 09, 2009, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Thank you for being more clear on the matter.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

I've never heard the word 'obtuse' describe anything but a triangle.

KefkaticFanatic

Because any other was is incorrect.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brassman388

Maybe he meant obscure.

kirby_superstar

well, sorry but being unclear in the first place, but it bothers me that you think im wrong with obtuse

Main Entry:ob·tuse
Pronunciation:\äb-ˈtüs, əb-, -ˈtyüs\
Function:adjective
Inflected Form(s):ob·tus·er; ob·tus·est
Etymology:Middle English, from Latin obtusus blunt, dull, from past participle of obtundere to beat against, blunt, from ob- against + tundere to beat â€" more at ob-, contusion
Date:15th century
1 a: not pointed or acute : blunt b (1)of an angle : exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees (2): having an obtuse angle <an obtuse triangle> â€" see triangle illustration cof a leaf : rounded at the free end
2 a: lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect : insensitive, stupid b: difficult to comprehend : not clear or precise in thought or expression

maybe it wasnt the best use of the word, but it wasnt used incorrectly

[http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse]
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

Dude

Wow you people didn't know obtuse had two meanings?

For shame.

SirIngusBingus

Huh. I might just use that in my English term paper. Should be good...I get to write about my least favorite book of all time. It's actually a really fun assignment, which is not common in English class. I'm writing about 'Jacob Have I Loved'. If you haven't heard of it, YOU'RE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES.

blah54

sounds like a very academic assignment...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

SuperFireKirby

Mabewe should get back to music. When can we submit work again?

Gu4n

Quote from: dahans on May 09, 2009, 02:43:35 PMSomeone (I don't want to say any names) said that I and everyone, who likes video game music or NSM, just listen to video game music because they want to be different. I am really furious about that. And I am really interested in your opinion, because this would mean that I am a psycho and I don't want to be one. Maybe I tend to like being different but this person said that this leads to the fact that I will lose all my friends and so on. So I am asking you and the members of NSM: Are you all psychos just because you like game music? In my opinion not, but I want to know what you think.
Nah, maybe you're 'nerdy' if you listen videogame music (or, in my opinion, someone with a good taste of music), but who cares? In the past, I used to hide my love for this genre a bit, but these days I don't give a crap. My iPod is filled for a good 60% with video game music, and an additional 20% of anime soundtracks. There are some really talented composers in the game-industry, Masafumi Takada for example, which aren't recognized like how they should be.

Brassman388

SuperFireKirby

Yes, we know you've never seen G-Han active on the forums Brassman but its not that big of a deal.

Brassman388

For me it is, this is like seeing a ghost. Come on, how many times personally do you get to see the creator of something awesome? Huh?

SuperFireKirby

When I first joined he was quite active.