News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Concerning NSM and game music...

Started by dahans, May 09, 2009, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Thank you for being more clear on the matter.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

I've never heard the word 'obtuse' describe anything but a triangle.

KefkaticFanatic

Because any other was is incorrect.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brassman388

Maybe he meant obscure.

kirby_superstar

well, sorry but being unclear in the first place, but it bothers me that you think im wrong with obtuse

Main Entry:ob·tuse
Pronunciation:\äb-ˈtüs, əb-, -ˈtyüs\
Function:adjective
Inflected Form(s):ob·tus·er; ob·tus·est
Etymology:Middle English, from Latin obtusus blunt, dull, from past participle of obtundere to beat against, blunt, from ob- against + tundere to beat â€" more at ob-, contusion
Date:15th century
1 a: not pointed or acute : blunt b (1)of an angle : exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees (2): having an obtuse angle <an obtuse triangle> â€" see triangle illustration cof a leaf : rounded at the free end
2 a: lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect : insensitive, stupid b: difficult to comprehend : not clear or precise in thought or expression

maybe it wasnt the best use of the word, but it wasnt used incorrectly

[http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse]
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

Dude

Wow you people didn't know obtuse had two meanings?

For shame.

SirIngusBingus

Huh. I might just use that in my English term paper. Should be good...I get to write about my least favorite book of all time. It's actually a really fun assignment, which is not common in English class. I'm writing about 'Jacob Have I Loved'. If you haven't heard of it, YOU'RE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES.

blah54

sounds like a very academic assignment...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

SuperFireKirby

Mabewe should get back to music. When can we submit work again?

Gu4n

Quote from: dahans on May 09, 2009, 02:43:35 PMSomeone (I don't want to say any names) said that I and everyone, who likes video game music or NSM, just listen to video game music because they want to be different. I am really furious about that. And I am really interested in your opinion, because this would mean that I am a psycho and I don't want to be one. Maybe I tend to like being different but this person said that this leads to the fact that I will lose all my friends and so on. So I am asking you and the members of NSM: Are you all psychos just because you like game music? In my opinion not, but I want to know what you think.
Nah, maybe you're 'nerdy' if you listen videogame music (or, in my opinion, someone with a good taste of music), but who cares? In the past, I used to hide my love for this genre a bit, but these days I don't give a crap. My iPod is filled for a good 60% with video game music, and an additional 20% of anime soundtracks. There are some really talented composers in the game-industry, Masafumi Takada for example, which aren't recognized like how they should be.

Brassman388

SuperFireKirby

Yes, we know you've never seen G-Han active on the forums Brassman but its not that big of a deal.

Brassman388

For me it is, this is like seeing a ghost. Come on, how many times personally do you get to see the creator of something awesome? Huh?

SuperFireKirby

When I first joined he was quite active.