News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Should I get a PS3 too?

Started by Tranzlater, May 17, 2009, 11:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranzlater

Yeah... I have a Wii, a PS2 (I rarely use) and my bro has a 360 which he's gonna take to university soon, so I'll be stuck without a high-grade current gen console. Also I want a blu-ray player anyways. And I really want some of the exclusives- the only real good exclusives on 360 are Halo 3 and... um... yes. And I pretty much played that to death.

Most of the Xbox exclusives are released on PC anyway.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

You've made a lot of arguments towards getting one, so it seems like you are planning on buying one and writing this just for the sake of making a topic.

You've been FOILED AGAIN by Ingus. MWAAA.

Tranzlater

Yes. I just wanted confirmations and general opinions.
Oh yeah, and I already have enough money saved in my bank account plus birthday moneh (my birthday is in about a month) = PS3. Lulz.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

Tranzlater

Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

The PS3 is a shitty blu ray player compared to many others.  Make sure the games on the console that you actually want make it worth your money.  If you just want to play PS2 games, just get a PS2.

me irl
[close]

whateverg

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 21, 2009, 01:45:09 PMThe PS3 is a shitty blu ray player compared to many others.  Make sure the games on the console that you actually want make it worth your money.  If you just want to play PS2 games, just get a PS2.

No it's not what are you talking about, it is a great bluray player, don't stay shit like that unless you have one, it is actually one of the best bluray players out there because it can be updated through system updates you idiot. Anyways yes you should get a ps3, for little big planet, and metal gear solid 4. If you already have a 360 you should buy a PS3 if you have the cash.

SirIngusBingus

Please, no flaming on the forums. We're trying to keep things peaceful, and we don't appreciate you calling one of our senior members an idiot on your first post, even if you believe him to be wrong. Not even Gamer deserves that kind of treatment.

Brassman388

KefkaticFanatic

whatever:  If you would actually go and look into Blu-Ray players, then you would realise that the PS3 is no longer a great Blu-Ray player compared to others.  It's simply outdated now.

Ingus: Danke.

me irl
[close]

Tranzlater

It updates. How cool is that.

And you can hardly deny MGS4 and Resistance.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

It does update, but that's not the point.  If all you want is a Blu-Ray player, than the PS3 is inadequate.  Newer ones have surpassed it.  This is a normal thing that always happens with this kind of tech.

However, I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to get overall.  If you want to blow off a ton of money on the console, go ahead, but in my opinion it just isn't worth the money at the moment.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Yeah, E3 made it seem like the 360 is doing everything a PS3 does, only better. My advice: keep your 360, and buy a regular Blu-Ray player.

To Gamer: Nichts zu danken.

PseudoMario16

I'd get one. There's a ton of great games on ps3. (Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, and Sly Cooper might be making a return in the near future) and, most games that are made for 360 are eventually made for ps3, like oblivion, or bioshock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

KefkaticFanatic

Except that most of the time they're far inferior in terms of content and stability.

me irl
[close]