News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Guide to Making a Proper Request - READ BEFORE POSTING! (Updated: 7/03/12)

Started by KefkaticFanatic, May 27, 2009, 08:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 08, 2017, 11:26:28 AMMy suggestion would just be [SW].
This seems logical, given the friend code system uses SW to begin all friend codes.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

drallyowl

I don't know if this has been answered before, and i don't feel like scrolling through the entire topic to find out (too many pages and no way to search within a topic), but what is the preferred console prefix for mobile apps? and could you maybe add it to the initial post that lists all of the console prefixes so that people don't have to hunt down what the correct prefix is?

Latios212

Huh, weird that it's not already there. It's [MOB] and I've edited the OP. (And added [SWITCH] too.)

Also fyi: If you use the search bar within a topic it'll search within that topic.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ShyYoshiGuy

"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Maelstrom

ShyYoshiGuy

"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

AmpharosAndy

Yeah they control ev - I mean mods are the greatest of all beings. They do not edit our messages - help! - Praise latios.
innit

Yug_Guy

Gonna move a discussion that was going on in the Discord to here:

A user by the name Jhynjhiruu was asking if he could make arrangements for the "Pokemon Mini" console - a Tamagotchi-like mini console from the late 90's/early 00's. This brings up the question of what tags we would put the console under, if any.

Personally, I'm in favor of adding an "Other" tag, but others have suggested a "Microconsoles" tag instead. I'd suggest reading the Wikipedia article on Microconsoles first, since they had a different definition than what I initially thought they were. 

Latios212

Couple of things:

The Pokémon Mini should be listed as its own console. (What to abbreviate it as is another question.) Unlike other things like the Tamagotchi and the SNES/NES Classic Editions it has original games released for it. Original titles with their own cartridges and their own music.

I like the idea of having an "Other" category to catch all the other things you're thinking of, but there's a slight problem there of categorizing my company.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bubbles

oo something i probably have a say in! time to use my Authority

totally would be down for an other category. I just did a lil bit of work on the board today and there were a couple made up tags used for consoles that didn't have one specified here (Commodore is the only one coming to mind rn) but I found workarounds for the few cases that existed. If I'm being honest, the exact specifications of the tags aren't super important, especially in cases like this where we would have very few requests/sheets for those games. At least in terms of the requests board; I know submissions and the site have their own uses but I'm p sure my point still works in those cases.