The Birthday Topic

Started by HugoMeister, March 07, 2008, 10:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Happy Birthday, Jesus and Merry Christmas to all  ;D
I hate when people say Happy Holidays  ::)

Dude

yes, because there are no other holidays other than christmas ::)

Ruto

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 25, 2013, 06:38:05 AMHappy Birthday, Jesus and Merry Christmas to all  ;D
I hate when people say Happy Holidays  ::)

Sheltered, huh? We also use "season's greetings."

Since Jesus was born before the Gregorian calendar was invented and "His birthday" falls on the same day every year on the Gregorian calendar, there's an inconsistency there. I heard January something was more accurate.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

blueflower999

Actually, his real birthday was sometime in the spring.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 25, 2013, 12:48:50 PMActually, his real birthday was sometime in the spring.

Ah that makes more sense, but Wikipedia said it was disputed. Honestly if someone was born at that time, would anyone care to find the exact day? I mean, you only care about someone's birthday after they were famous...how do you tell if someone would be famous as soon as they're born?

But I can't remember where I read that they celebrated his birthday in January? Maybe it was in some book on the Middle Ages I read about ten years ago.

Brassman388

JDMEK5

Quote from: Ruto on December 25, 2013, 12:37:31 PMSince Jesus was born before the Gregorian calendar was invented and "His birthday" falls on the same day every year on the Gregorian calendar, there's an inconsistency there. I heard January something was more accurate.
The day of December 25th came from the Persians. The 25th was the birthday of their sun god, Mythra. (Yes, it did have to do with the Winter Solstice)
The Roman Catholic Church "baptized" it into "Christianity" (*quote-on-quote) as well as a whole bunch of other stuff from other pagan religions and made it "Christian" to attract more pagans. ("Pagan" meaning any religion besides Christianity)
There's nothing regarding Christmas in the Bible whatsoever. Everything besides the story of the nativity (as a story only) comes from other religions.

There's the history lesson of the day, everyone. Class dismissed.

And happy birthday Brassman!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SuperFireKirby

Happy Birthday to our Lord and Savior Santa Clause, who died on the candy cane for our presents and was resurrected after 12 days of Christmas so that he could give us MORE PRESENTS! Three cheers for mindless and disgusting consumerism tainting what could be a holiday of actual joy and love! No? okay then

Oh, and happy birthday Brassman.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

The Deku Trombonist

Happy Birthday long-lost Hugo!

Olimar12345

Happy birthday, Hugo! Tell Makar I said happy birthday to him too!

small VGV joke, since most likely no one will get it : /
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

Lol, happy birthday Hugo~

Sebastian

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Ruto

Happy birthday, Concerto hammy beans.