News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

E3 2009

Started by SuperFireKirby, May 29, 2009, 11:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on June 02, 2009, 02:51:51 PMActually, I was thinking 'shit' or 'crap'. Whatever floats your boat, Dude.
If you ever say crap in any way, shape, or form, I will kill you in your sleep.

If you wish to know why, ask Hugo.

SirIngusBingus

Um...ok...why, Hugo?

...Does he even post here anymore?

Dude

Good question...

Where the hell is Hugo?

He comes here... I wonder what happened... He's op in the chatroom, so I don't think he'd just ditch.

SirIngusBingus

He runs GMW, and I've seen him there...

On the topic of E3, what happened at the Sony conference? My TV signal went out.

Harvest

Ok so this Natal Milo thing.

So they've actually developed AI equal to a human brain as well as advanced robotic voice?  I doubt both of those. 

If it is real, I would so kill that kid.
-

Swordomar

3 words: GOLDEN SUN DS!

Holy crap. Greatest gaming news of my LIFE.

The Golden Sun games taught me to love RPGs, and to this day are, IMHO, the greatest and most well rounded RPGs I have ever owned.  From the incredible graphics (The summons looked epic despite the fact that it was GBA based), the deep, emotional, enticing storyline, the amazigly composed music which perfectly accompanied both the happiest and saddest parts of that story, to the battle system, length of the adventure, even replayability. To hear that Camelot and Nintendo finally decided to do another Golden Sun game, phew. I'm speechless. I almost cried  :'( watching the trailer i was so happy.  And even though the demo at e3 has almost literally 10 seconds of play time, IGN seems to be pretty impressed with it (http://ds.ign.com/articles/989/989845p1.html).

Here's to hoping it's the best one yet.
   :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                           :D                         
Visit my Submissions Page =D
Finale Reader, a free solution for opening .mus files

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Harvest on June 02, 2009, 04:14:08 PMOk so this Natal Milo thing.

So they've actually developed AI equal to a human brain as well as advanced robotic voice?  I doubt both of those. 

Robotic voice, yes, we've had that for years. As for the AI, it's impossible for it to equal that of the human brain, but MAN, that's pretty dang close.

SuperFireKirby

I hope there's some more cool games for wii on the way.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

METROID

Edit: And Silent Hill, and KH: 358/2 Days, and RE: Whatever the name is, and the Conduit....

KefkaticFanatic

Woo, PS3 motion control, PSP Go, MGS and RE for PSP.  With those 2 along with LBP and Dissidia coming out for PSP soon, it looks like I got one at a great time. :D

So basically Microsoft raped everyone, but Sony still raped Nintendo.  Nintendo was just plain awful, just like last year.  Metroid was the ONLY good thing.  SMG2 is meh.  NSMB for Wii is meh.  It's like an expanded Mario Party minigame.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on June 02, 2009, 04:44:18 PMMETROID

Edit: And Silent Hill, and KH: 358/2 Days, and RE: Whatever the name is, and the Conduit....
I already knew about all three of those. I said I'm hoping for MORE.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on June 02, 2009, 04:43:19 PM
Quote from: Harvest on June 02, 2009, 04:14:08 PMOk so this Natal Milo thing.

Robotic voice, yes, we've had that for years. As for the AI, it's impossible for it to equal that of the human brain, but MAN, that's pretty dang close.

By advanced I mean sounding exactly like a real human.  I'm not talking about Microsoft Sam.

Also, its impossible to equal a brain now, but in only a few years we will have one just as powerful as a human brain, then 18 months later we will have one double the power.
-

SirIngusBingus

Read back to my previous post on the Disney World thing for the voicing thing.

How could we possibly design something more powerful than our own brains? WE CAN'T THINK OF IT.

Harvest

Well once we created a machine equal to a human brain all we would have to do is...add more ram or something, increase a clock speed etc etc.  Once that happens, the cpu can start building them.

I don't know, I'm sure you can find an explanation somewhere.
-

SirIngusBingus

Nope. RAM wouldn't do it; that's just memory. Speed wouldn't do it, that's just a time frame. We would need some kind of nonhuman interference to push computers over the limit of the capacity of the brain. Nothing can design something that is potentially smarter than itself; the fact that it was designed proves its inferiority.